Avni: New plot under way to blame Gülen movement for PKK attacks

A screenshot taken from whistleblower fuatavni’s Twitter account. (Photo: Today's Zaman)
A screenshot taken from whistleblower fuatavni’s Twitter account. (Photo: Today's Zaman)


Date posted: August 15, 2015

A whistleblower who tweets under the pseudonym Fuat Avni has claimed that President Recep Tayyip Erdoğan and his accomplices have devised a new plot against the faith-based Gülen movement, also known as the Hizmet movement, in which they will place blame for the recent increasing violence across Turkey on the movement.

In successive tweets posted on Thursday, Avni claimed Erdoğan and his bureaucrats are planning to make the Gülen movement, inspired by Turkish Islamic scholar Fethullah Gülen, a scapegoat for the recent fatal attacks by the terrorist Kurdistan Workers’ Party (PKK), adding that a new plot has been put in place via pro-government media outlets that would depict the movement as having pushed the terrorist organization to restart its attacks against Turkish security forces.

The whistleblower said the pro-government media will report that those police officers close to the movement will leak intelligence to PKK terrorists to prevent planned military operations from being conducted against the PKK.

Noting that experienced intelligence and terrorism police experts who had conducted an effective fight against the PKK in the Southeast were reassigned by former Interior Minister Efkan Ala, Fuat Avni said the chief of the National Police Department’s intelligence unit, Engin Dinç, had prevented operations from being conducted against the PKK and radical terrorists the Islamic State in Iraq and the Levant (ISIL). Avni also said the PKK took the advantage of the security gap in the region and stockpiled guns, rockets and bombs in the the eastern and southeastern regions.

Saying the plot against the Gülen movement will be conducted by a group led by Dinç, Avni said as part of the plot the websites of individuals and companies inspired by the movement will be hacked and the group will send orders from those websites to individuals from the PKK. By doing so, the whistleblower says Erdoğan and his clique want to create the perception that the movement was the one that triggered the recent PKK attacks.

Avni also said a hacker named Alper Yılmaz had been brought in from the US to hack the websites of those individuals and companies close to the movement.

Claiming that there is another plot under way against the pro-Kurdish Peoples’ Democratic Party (HDP) in which Erdoğan and his cronies want to push the party below the 10 percent electoral threshold by instigating PKK sympathizers to take to the streets, Avni added that the recent PKK attacks are expected to make the HDP lose the support of many voters in the event of a snap election.

The Justice and Development Party (AK Party), one of whose founders is Erdoğan, lost its parliamentary majority for the first time since 2002 after the HDP passed the 10 percent electoral threshold in the June 7 general election.

Avni also said Erdoğan and his accomplices are trying to set the stage for a nationwide state of emergency, further claiming those PKK members close to the National Intelligence Organization (MİT) are behind the recent fatal PKK attacks.

The whistleblower also claimed Dinç had deliberately ignored intelligence and did not take any security measures to prevent successive attacks that targeted HDP rallies and buildings before the June 7 election and the suicide bomb attack in Suruç on July 20. A total of 33 activists were killed and 100 were injured in the Suruç bombing in Şanlıurfa province.

Since the Suruç bombing, there has been a surge in violent confrontations between the government and the PKK in southeastern Turkey. Two police officers were killed by PKK members in Ceylanpınar on July 22 in retaliation for the Suruç attack. The PKK then carried out further attacks on members of the military and the police. PKK terrorists have killed more than 30 members of the Turkish security forces in the last three weeks.

Source: Today's Zaman , August 13, 2015


Related News

Concluding statement of the International panel on Mary announced

The international panel, titled “Mary in the Holy Scripture and Qur’an,” which was jointly held by the Journalists and Writers Foundation’s (GYV) Intercultural Dialogue Platform (KADİP), the Tevere Institute and İzmir Intercultural Dialogue Center (İZDİM), was concluded with a statement.

THY passengers strongly criticize embargo on Today’s Zaman

Turkey’s flagship carrier Turkish Airlines began an embargo on Dec. 23, 2013 on the distribution of the newspapers Zaman, Today’s Zaman, Bugün and Ortadoğu to business class passengers on its planes, without providing an explanation. Other dailies are still being handed out on board.

Turkish Olympiad raises hopes for world peace

İPEK ÜZÜM, İSTANBUL Students who have arrived in Turkey from countries around the world for the 11th International Turkish Olympiad, which is a festival that celebrates the Turkish language and has brought together 2,000 students from 140 different countries this year, are building strong ties and lasting friendships and in turn raising hopes for world […]

Bias about Gulen Movement in light of The Economist column

The Kemalist viewpoint in Turkey perceives the Gulen movement as a menace that had served as an instrument of President Tayyip Erdogan’s quest for power. This outlook suggests that if it weren’t for Gulenists’ aid, Erdogan would have faded out a long time ago. Recently, The Economist published an article that exhibits the same bias.

Former Turkish President Gül denies having any relationship with the Gülen movement or Fethullah Gülen but history tells…

In his answers, Gül denied having relations with neither the Gülen movement nor Fethullah Gülen. But, history tells the opposite: Gül attended many activities of the Gülen movement; he even hosted, in his official residence, students of Turkish schools from many countries during a Turkish Language and Culture Olympiad.

The Journalists and Writers Foundation’s suggestions for a constitution

Ihsan Yilmaz Several civil society organizations have been presenting their suggestions for a new constitution to a parliamentary sub-committee. A few days ago, the Journalists and Writers Foundation (GYV) was received and listened to by the committee. The GYV did not present a full package but summarized its understanding on the most sensitive issues that […]

Latest News

Turkish inmate jailed over alleged Gülen links dies of heart attack in prison

Message of Condemnation and Condolences for Mass Shooting at Bondi Beach, Sydney

Media executive Hidayet Karaca marks 11th year in prison over alleged links to Gülen movement

ECtHR faults Turkey for convictions of 2,420 applicants over Gülen links in follow-up to 2023 judgment

New Book Exposes Erdoğan’s “Civil Death Project” Targeting the Hizmet Movement

European Human Rights Treaty Faces Legal And Political Tests

ECtHR rejects Turkey’s appeal, clearing path for retrials in Gülen-linked cases

Erdoğan’s Civil Death Project’ : The ‘politicide’ spanning more than a decade

Fethullah Gülen’s Vision and the Purpose of Hizmet

In Case You Missed It

‘Parallel state’ and ‘theft of national will’

International Workshop – Hizmet Movement between Political Islam and Civil Islam

European Book Tour For Derby Professor

Opposition journalists speak at U.N. panel on Turkey’s human rights record

Turkey, ‘The Devil’s Advocate’ and ‘Titanic’

Nigerian students lament harassment, detention by Turkish authorities

Thousands attend Turkish Festival in Johannesburg

Copyright 2026 Hizmet News