Kimse Yok Mu lends helping hand to Guinean families during Ramadan

The Turkish charity Kimse Yok Mu held a large iftar in Conakry, the captial of the African country of Guinea, on Sunday.
The Turkish charity Kimse Yok Mu held a large iftar in Conakry, the captial of the African country of Guinea, on Sunday.


Date posted: July 15, 2014

The Turkish charity Kimse Yok Mu (Is Anybody There) has been providing aid to 3,000 families in the African country of Guinea during the holy month of Ramadan and has also been organizing iftars (fast-breaking dinners) in various parts of the country each evening.

A large iftar event was organized by the Kimse Yok Mu on Sunday evening in the capital, Conakry, for orphans from various parts of the country. Guinean Minister of Family and Social Affairs Camara Sanaba Kaba and various celebrities were among those attending the dinner.

Giving the opening speech at the event, Kimse Yok Mu Deputy Secretary-General Ülkü Atlamaz said that the charity has provided various types of aid to a total of 3,000 families across Guinea since the start of the Islamic holy month of Ramadan. He added that the charity also provides food to orphanages across the country.

Also speaking during the event, Guinean Minister Kaba expressed her gratitude to Kimse Yok Mu for providing aid to orphans and other people in need. Kaba said that the government is ready to cooperate with Kimse Yok Mu in any of its charity activities.

Source: Today's Zaman , July 15, 2014


Related News

Opposition deputy seeks answers on gov’t ban on Kimse Yok Mu

A lawmaker from the main opposition Republican People’s Party (CHP) has directed questions at Prime Minister Ahmet Davutoğlu on why the government banned charity group Kimse Yok Mu from collecting donations. In a formal parliamentary question, CHP Deputy Chairman Sezgin Tanrıkulu asked Davutoğlu to explain the legal grounds for the government decision dated Sept. 22 to rescind Kimse Yok Mu’s permission to collect charitable donations

South Korean NGO: It’s hard to make sense of what is being done to Kimse Yok Mu

Officials of Bonita, a South Korean NGO that engages in research and efforts for children and labor rights, said they find it hard to make sense of the oppression against Kimse Yok Mu (KYM). The officials recently went to Aceh, Indonesia, to witness the KYM efforts during Eid al-Adha. The region had suffered most in the tsunami that hit the country in 2005.

Kimse Yok Mu’s free eye surgeries project inaugurated in Pakistan

Country Director Turkish Non Governmental Organization Kimse Yok MU Ozcan Inan along with Chairman REDO Sultan Hassan inaugurated a welfare project for deserving patients at Rawalpindi Eye Donors Organization’s Medical Complex

Turkish Physicians heal Somali sufferers

The civil war-stricken Somalia receives yet another helping hand extending from Turkey’s Kutahya province. A volunteer group of medical specialists recently went to the troubled African country to provide medical assistance particularly to pediatric patients. Kutahya Chamber of Pharmacists Chair, Mehmet Hakan Akcan, reported that, with a team of seven medical specialists and several professionals, they had been to Somalian capital Mogadishu in order to provide medical assistance to the locals in need.

Kimse Yok Mu invited for consultation before UN summit

Turkey-based charity organization Kimse Yok Mu (Is Anyone There?), which has been a target of the Justice and Development Party (AK Party) government’s unjust smear campaigns, has now been invited to an exclusive meeting ahead of the UN’s World Humanitarian Summit.

1,000 families provided with meat Kimse Yok Mu in Ankara

International charity organization Kimse Yok Mu distributed sacrificed meat to a total of 1,000 families during the Eid al-Adha in Ankara on Thursday. Families received meat in boxes which were paid for the donations from benevolent Turkish people at one of the offices of the KYM in Mamak district.

Latest News

Turkish inmate jailed over alleged Gülen links dies of heart attack in prison

Message of Condemnation and Condolences for Mass Shooting at Bondi Beach, Sydney

Media executive Hidayet Karaca marks 11th year in prison over alleged links to Gülen movement

ECtHR faults Turkey for convictions of 2,420 applicants over Gülen links in follow-up to 2023 judgment

New Book Exposes Erdoğan’s “Civil Death Project” Targeting the Hizmet Movement

European Human Rights Treaty Faces Legal And Political Tests

ECtHR rejects Turkey’s appeal, clearing path for retrials in Gülen-linked cases

Erdoğan’s Civil Death Project’ : The ‘politicide’ spanning more than a decade

Fethullah Gülen’s Vision and the Purpose of Hizmet

In Case You Missed It

Coup attempt in 2016 was Erdoğan’s Reichstag fire

Erdogan’s bid to close Gulen schools in Africa opposed

Abduction of Kacmaz Family – The dark side

Filling in for Missing Pieces: Peacebuilding Through Education

Minister Yildirim’s high praise for Fethullah Gulen

Reconsidering Gender Equality and Peaceful Societies

Today’s Zaman celebrates sixth anniversary

Copyright 2026 Hizmet News