TUSKON-led trade volume reaches $30 billion


Date posted: June 16, 2014

ISTANBUL –

The Turkish Confederation of Businessmen and Industrialists (TUSKON), a broad business initiative with 55,000 members, provides extensive support to businessmen who seek to make a contribution to the national economy. In addition to its many other activities, TUSKON held 19 world trade summits between 2006 and 2013 and hosted 40,000 domestic and 30,000 foreign businessmen and industrialists. The trade bridges created at these meetings have led TUSKON to generate a trade volume of $30 billion so far. Unlike some similar initiatives, TUSKON doesn’t neglect small and medium-sized enterprises. The most recent summit was held in November 2013 at the Istanbul Convention Center and saw the participation of more than 2,000 guests who concluded deals worth $500 million. The number of deals reached increases at every meeting.

TUSKON’s first priority at trade bridge events is to encourage local entrepreneurs to open up to the world. This choice is a strategic move to diversity markets. In parallel with Turkey’s foreign trade policies, TUSKON has created bridges with a number of trade blocs in Africa, Latin America and Europe and the Eurasia and Pacific regions. Since 2009 the scope of the summit has been enlarged to include the entire world; now the summit has been reorganized as the Turkey-World Trade Bridge, attended by businessmen from 140 countries. All business sectors were represented at the summits in 2009 and 2010, but since 2011, the meetings have focused on specific sectors. TUSKON also works to diversify products and encourages its members and non-members not only to sell their products but also to export their brands.

Source: Cihan , June 16, 2014


Related News

Islamic scholar Gülen warns Hizmet movement against possible plots

Turkish Islamic scholar Fethullah Gülen has warned volunteers of Hizmet, a social movement known for its cultural and educational activities around the world, against possible plots aiming to portray the movement as a criminal network by placing illegal materials in houses and institutions affiliated with the movement.

Two additional Turkish schools to open in Casablanca

Two additional Turkish schools, one of which will provide education in English in Morocco for the very first time, will be set up in Casablanca, Morocco Turkish Schools General Director İbrahim Aktaş announced on Tuesday. The first Turkish school on the African continent was opened in Morocco in the city of Tangiers in 1994. Other schools were subsequently opened in 52 African countries.

Symposium concludes: Hizmet (Gulen) Movement Contributes to World Peace

Professors said that Hizmet is an anti-violence group that uses education and dialogue to achieve its goals. One of the highlights of the symposium was Dr. Martha Kirk’s presentation called Iraqi Women of Three Generations. There are 32 Hizmet schools in Iraq and she said these institutions teach Iraqi women self confidence.

Turkish consulate in Rotterdam seized passports of Gulen-supporters

The Turkish consulate in Rotterdam confiscated the Turkish passports of a number of Dutch-Turkish people believed to be affiliated with the Gulen movement. The people involved were told that they are now classified as a fugitive and were given a one-day passport to fly to Turkey and prove their innocence in front of a judge.

Peace Islands Institute Annual Ramadan Dinner

New Jersey Bergen Sheriff Michael Saudino had been fasting for the first time when attended the iftar dinner by the Peace Islands Institute (PII). At the gathering with the theme “Understanding hunger and poverty by fasting.” One of the attendees US Attorney Paul Fishman said, “PII serves a significant cause regarding unity and cohesion in the society with its cultural and religious activities.”

8-year-old cancer patient denied passport due to father’s alleged links to Turkey’s Gülen group

Ahmet Ataç, an eight-year-old kid with stage four bone cancer, has reportedly been denied a passport by Turkish authorities due to the his father’s ongoing imprisonment over alleged links to Turkey’s Gülen group.

Latest News

Sacramento leaders gather for Iftar dinner in celebration of Ramadan

SEO Skill Suite: Tools for Keyword Research, Technical & Backlink Analysis

Turkish inmate jailed over alleged Gülen links dies of heart attack in prison

Message of Condemnation and Condolences for Mass Shooting at Bondi Beach, Sydney

Media executive Hidayet Karaca marks 11th year in prison over alleged links to Gülen movement

ECtHR faults Turkey for convictions of 2,420 applicants over Gülen links in follow-up to 2023 judgment

New Book Exposes Erdoğan’s “Civil Death Project” Targeting the Hizmet Movement

European Human Rights Treaty Faces Legal And Political Tests

ECtHR rejects Turkey’s appeal, clearing path for retrials in Gülen-linked cases

In Case You Missed It

Serbian torture base now houses Turkish school

Gülen says Turkey’s democracy eroding under AK Party rule

Fethullah Gulen’s Condemnation and Condolences Message on Istanbul Terrorist Attack

Fethullah Gülen: An Islamic sign of hope for an inclusive Europe

Turkish Gov’t Unveils 16 Ways to Identify Gulenists [as Terrorists]

Finance Minister is the 1001st volunteer at meat distribution campaign

Fethullah Gulen Acquitted

Copyright 2026 Hizmet News