Turkish Cultural Center Vermont opened it doors at a ceremony held in Burlington


Date posted: May 26, 2014

VERMONT

Turkish Cultural Center Vermont opened it doors at a ceremony held in Burlington on Wednesday with the participation of Governor Peter Shumlin, many state politicians, community members, and businessmen.

On Wednesday, Governor Peter Shumlin joined Council of Turkic American Associations (CTAA) and Turkish Cultural Center Vermont (TCCVT) as well as a host of other local officials for the ribbon cutting of new Turkish Cultural Center on the fifth floor of 125 College St. in Burlington.

Gov. Peter Shumlin said he hoped the center would establish friendships, promote better understanding of different cultures and help with Vermont’s job growth and exports.

“I know that it will serve us well in the future,” Gov. Shumlin said of the center.

Among the participants of the ceremony included Burlington Mayor Miro Weinberger, Attorney General William Sorrell, state legislators and representatives for Sen. Patrick Leahy and Sen. Bernie Sanders, in addition to Turkish Cultural Center officials and members.

TCCVT Opening Ceremony in Press

Channel 3

Burlington Free Press

Seven Days

Source: Turkish Cultural Center , May 25, 2014


Related News

NY Times Editorial Board: Mr. Erdogan’s Reckless Revenge

At such a time, one would hope for a leader willing and eager to unify his people under the rule of law, to reaffirm democratic values and to address the grievances that motivated the plotters in the first place. So far, Mr. Erdogan seems determined to fail this test of leadership.

The Gulen Movement teaches providing service and being tolerant

Shad Engkilterra, Salt Lake City On Feb. 25, 2012, James Harrington, director of the Texas Civil Rights Project, spoke about the Gulen Movement and how to build civil society at the Pacifica Institute for the Salt Lake Interfaith Roundtable’s Interfaith Month celebrations. Fethullah Gulen started the movement in Turkey in the 1980s as an education […]

Survey shows Turkish gov’t seized at least $11 billion of company assets over Gülen links

Turkish government has transferred about 49,4 billion liras ($11 billion) of assets of 1,124 companies seized from those who have alleged affiliation to the Gülen movement to a special fund under a crackdown that began following a controversial coup attempt on July 15, 2016.

Gülen movement reiterates principles, underlines transparency in statement

The faith-based network inspired by self-exiled Islamic preacher Fethullah Gülen, known as Hizmet (service) or more commonly the Gülen movement, issued a statement on Tuesday reiterating its principles while emphasizing transparency.

Bill Clinton on Fethullah Gulen’s Contribution to the World

Fethullah Gulen, the Gulen Movement (aka the Hizmet Movement), and their contributions to the world peace were recognized by 42nd U.S. President Bill Clinton. Hon. Bill Clinton delivered his remarks at the 3rd Annual Friendship Dinner by Turkish Cultural Center, New York City. President Clinton offered his thanks to the Gülen Movement for contributions to […]

Power struggle for the state or deep rift about Turkey?

As an external observer, I see a profound rift having taken place between Erdoğan — more than anybody else in the AKP — and the Hizmet movement; and that has much less to do with the power struggle than a resistance to another massive, individual attempt to accumulate power in one person.What has defined Erdoğan’s way with various social segments since 2011 is to alienate, antagonize, suppress and devour. So was his pattern with the dissident Kurds, Alevis, leftists, liberals and now Hizmet.

Latest News

Sacramento leaders gather for Iftar dinner in celebration of Ramadan

SEO Skill Suite: Tools for Keyword Research, Technical & Backlink Analysis

Turkish inmate jailed over alleged Gülen links dies of heart attack in prison

Message of Condemnation and Condolences for Mass Shooting at Bondi Beach, Sydney

Media executive Hidayet Karaca marks 11th year in prison over alleged links to Gülen movement

ECtHR faults Turkey for convictions of 2,420 applicants over Gülen links in follow-up to 2023 judgment

New Book Exposes Erdoğan’s “Civil Death Project” Targeting the Hizmet Movement

European Human Rights Treaty Faces Legal And Political Tests

ECtHR rejects Turkey’s appeal, clearing path for retrials in Gülen-linked cases

In Case You Missed It

Local NGOs urge Georgian gov’t to avoid returning Turkish teacher back home

A Case Study In How Lobbyists For Turkish Government Manipulate The American Media on Gulen Issue

My Meeting With Fethullah Gülen, the Man Accused of Plotting Turkey’s Coup

Nigerian Turkish schools denies links to Turkey coup

An in-depth Interview with TUSKON President Meral

Turkish evidence for Gulen extradition pre-dates coup attempt

Society, not community!

Copyright 2026 Hizmet News