Teacher abducted from Malaysia subjected to beating, torture in Ankara: cellmate


Date posted: April 1, 2018

Alaaddin Duman, a teacher in Malaysia who was abducted by Turkish intelligence agency over his links to the Gulen movement in 2016, has been subjected to beating, torture and death threats during pre-trial custody in Ankara, according his cellmate.

His cellmate, identified with his initials S.T. who has been recently released from prison. told journalist Fatih Akalan during a video interview on Saturday that Duman was threatened with death on several occasions.

S.T. also called on foreign governments to avoid extraditing Gulenists to Turkey where they face similar treatment.

 

Early on Thursday, Kosovo police arrested 6 Gülenists who used to work at a group of schools affiliated with the Gülen movement, and handed them over to the Turkish intelligence agencies.

Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan accuses the Gülen movement of masterminding a failed coup attempt in Turkey in 2016 while the latter denies involvement.

More than 150,000 people have been detained and 60,000 were remanded in prison over Gulen links in Turkey since the summer of 2016. Meanwhile, Erdogan called on foreign governments to punish Gulenists in their own countries.

So far, a number of countries like Saudi Arabia, Malaysia, Georgia and Myanmar handed over academics, businessmen and school principals upon the Turkish government’s request despite the fact that some of those victims already had refugee status with the United Nations.

 

Source: Turkey Purge , April 1, 2018


Related News

Int’l press organizations call for release of journalist Keneş, condemn arrest

New York-based press advocacy group the Committee to Protect Journalists (CPJ) has called on Turkish authorities to immediately release Today’s Zaman Editor-in-Chief Bülent Keneş, condemning the arrest as a “relentless crackdown” on the press.

Turkish police brutally torture suspect over Gulen links

One of the most torture incidents reported province is Afyon in Turkey. Afyon Police brutally tortures suspects over Gulen links. One of the victims who is a teacher in this video tells about tortures he went through.

AK Party’s Deputy Günay joins intra-party opposition to prep school ban

Another deputy from the ruling Justice and Development Party (AK Party) has criticized a recent government plan to shut down prep schools, saying that these institutions are not the cause of problems in the education system but a consequence of the current system. Günay’s remarks come one day after the AK Party referred Kütahya deputy İdris Bal to the party’s disciplinary board for expulsion after he opposed the government’s plan to close prep schools.

Foreign Affairs: Turkish government’s ‘Global Purge’ targeted opponents in at least 46 countries

Turkish government has been hunting its opponents abroad, particularly the supporters of the Gulen movement since before and after the failed putsch on July 15, 2016, the article said adding that government’s alleged enemies were targeted at least in 46 countries.

Teachers, parents oppose Pak-Turk Schools takeover

A group calling itself the Pak-Turk International Schools and Colleges Parent-Teacher Association expressed concern on Saturday over reports that the government was going to hand over the school management to “a political entity”. Speaking at a press conference at the Raiwind Road campus, they said they would oppose such a move.

Abduction and torture part of war on Gulenists: Report

An Ankara-based rights organization on Thursday released a report delving into the allegations of enforced disappearances and torture that took place in Turkey since the 2016 coup bid. The report reads in its conclusion that out of 28 cases of disappearance, 26 were connected to the persecution of alleged Gulenists, while suggesting at least 16 of them were detained in the capital city of Ankara.

Latest News

Sacramento leaders gather for Iftar dinner in celebration of Ramadan

SEO Skill Suite: Tools for Keyword Research, Technical & Backlink Analysis

Turkish inmate jailed over alleged Gülen links dies of heart attack in prison

Message of Condemnation and Condolences for Mass Shooting at Bondi Beach, Sydney

Media executive Hidayet Karaca marks 11th year in prison over alleged links to Gülen movement

ECtHR faults Turkey for convictions of 2,420 applicants over Gülen links in follow-up to 2023 judgment

New Book Exposes Erdoğan’s “Civil Death Project” Targeting the Hizmet Movement

European Human Rights Treaty Faces Legal And Political Tests

ECtHR rejects Turkey’s appeal, clearing path for retrials in Gülen-linked cases

In Case You Missed It

Erdogan men advised to have polygamous marriages with wives of jailed Gülen followers

Fresh political raids targets leading Turkish NGO Kimse Yok Mu

Most Turkish asylum seekers in Netherlands Gülen followers

Alleged Hizmet link in Hablemitoğlu murder a lie, says widow

Turkey urges KRG to consider Gulen Movement a “Terrorist Organization”

Kosovo investigates seizure of Turkish nationals

Yet another conspiracy against the Gülen movement?

Copyright 2026 Hizmet News