Erdogan opponents being monitored in Denmark


Date posted: April 28, 2017

Christian W

Turkish Embassy confirms gleaning information on supporters of the Gülen movement.

According to a letter sent from the Turkish Embassy in Denmark to the Turkish government, opponents of the Erdogan regime living in Denmark are being monitored.

The letter, which the Danish newspaper Kristeligt Dagblad has come into possession of, has been confirmed by Adnan Bülent Baloglu, the embassy’s religious adviser.

According to the letter, the embassy has collected information on four men and 14 schools in Denmark believed to be supporter of the Gülen movement – led by Turkish preacher Fethullah Gülen, who lives in the US and was blamed by the Erdogan regime for instigating the coup attempt in Turkey last year.

“This gathering of information is a state reflex in the aftermath of the terrible coup attempt that led to people being brutally killed. If these people are among us, we have to know about it,” Baloglu told Kristeligt Dagblad.

Baloglu doesn’t see that the Turkish Embassy’s information-gathering exercise is a problem.

“Have any of these people been hurt after the information was gathered? We will ensure that any provocation in our mosques is prevented.”

DF: Expel him 

As religious adviser to the Turkish Embassy in Denmark, Baloglu is responsible for Turkish religious issues in Denmark and advises the 29 Turkish imams deployed to Denmark by the Turkish state.

The news has several politicians calling for action to be taken. Kenneth Kristensen Berth, the spokesperson for Dansk Folkeparti (DF) regarding EU issues, wants Baloglu kicked out of Denmark.

“I’m deeply shaken that a Turkish diplomat displays such contempt for Danish law,” Berth told DR Nyheder.

“It’s completely unacceptable and if it’s true, I can’t see any other course of action other than expelling him from Denmark.”

The news comes on the heels of 60.4 percent of the Turks in Denmark voting to give Erdogan permission to change the country’s constitution and gain more power from 2019 onwards.

And in late March, the Foreign Ministry summoned Turkey’s chargé d’affaires in Denmark following allegations that a number of Danes with Turkish roots fear being blacklisted by the Turkish authorities for speaking out against Erdogan.

Source: CPH Post Online , April 28, 2017


Related News

Erdogan regime’s defamation of Hizmet at full throttle – UK-based academic denies recent allegations

In a written statement released both in Turkish and English, UK-based academic Özcan Keleş denied recent allegations about him that appeared in Turkey’s mostly pro-government media outlets, saying that only his name, his father’s name, his hometown and the fact that Aksaray is a city in Turkey were accurate in the articles. “Everything else is untrue,” Keleş says.

Exiled Turkish Leader Gulen Slams Erdogan for Coup Attempt in Report

A coup attempt in Turkey last July that killed more than 300 people was an “outrageous, heinous scenario constructed by Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan and his accomplices,” Turkish Islamic scholar Fethullah Gulen said this week.

Kyrgyz court overturns extradition of suspected Gülenists to Turkey

A Kyrgyzstan court on Tuesday overturned a decision by the country’s Prosecutor General’s Office to extradite two people to Turkey to face charges of membership of the banned Gülen movement, The Diplomat reported.

Pakistan: Parents oppose handing over school chain to Turkish NGO

Bilal, a parent, told media that the network consisted of 28 schools and colleges in 10 cities of the country with a staff strength of 1700 including 108 Turkish teachers, teaching around 12,000 students from pre-school to A level. Since 1995, he added, the schools have been giving quality education to Pakistani students with no political motivation or illegal activity.

Ankara-supplied clerics spy on Turkish-Australian communities

Turkish imams preaching in Melbourne and Sydney mosques have been instructed to spy on Australian supporters of Fethulah Gulen, an exiled cleric blamed by President Recep ­Erdogan for the failed July coup bid in Ankara.

EU calls on Turkey to Investigate abduction cases targeting Gülen Movement

The European Union (EU) on Thursday said it was closely following developments in Turkey including the abductions of people from the Gülen movement, reminding Ankara of its responsibility to investigate these reported cases.

Latest News

Turkish inmate jailed over alleged Gülen links dies of heart attack in prison

Message of Condemnation and Condolences for Mass Shooting at Bondi Beach, Sydney

Media executive Hidayet Karaca marks 11th year in prison over alleged links to Gülen movement

ECtHR faults Turkey for convictions of 2,420 applicants over Gülen links in follow-up to 2023 judgment

New Book Exposes Erdoğan’s “Civil Death Project” Targeting the Hizmet Movement

European Human Rights Treaty Faces Legal And Political Tests

ECtHR rejects Turkey’s appeal, clearing path for retrials in Gülen-linked cases

Erdoğan’s Civil Death Project’ : The ‘politicide’ spanning more than a decade

Fethullah Gülen’s Vision and the Purpose of Hizmet

In Case You Missed It

Fethullah Gulen: Turkish Scholar, Cleric — And Conspirator?

The last refuge of losers: deporting a journalist

A Canadian-Saudi’s reflections on Hizmet

Pro-gov’t daily proudly announces Gulenists put in ‘concentration camp’

Turkish finance minister declines to comment on ‘color lists’

Hizmet is not a terror group, they embraces the entire human family

Filipino ambassador hails Turkish schools

Copyright 2026 Hizmet News