Turkey cooperating with Israel to help Gaza


Date posted: August 1, 2014

SERVET YANATMA / ANKARA

Turkey is cooperating with Israel to provide humanitarian aid to Gaza and has sent an official from the Turkish Red Crescent (Kızılay) to the country.

Diplomatic sources confirmed that an official from the Turkish Red Crescent went to Israel to coordinate humanitarian aid to be sent to Gaza. “There is no other way to provide aid to Gaza,” said the sources on Thursday. Dismissing claims that the Turkish official will be negotiating a cease-fire between Israel and Gaza, sources said Turkey is only in contact with the officials from Hamas and the US regarding the Palestinian territory.

Since the start of the Israeli offensive in Gaza, top Turkish officials have adopted a strong stance against Israel, using harsh political language against the country because of its attacks targeting Palestinians. However, leaders and lawmakers from opposition parties have heavily criticized the Turkish government, saying that its reaction against Israeli attacks on Gaza is merely rhetoric.

Turkey declared a three-day period of mourning last week for Palestinian victims killed in the Israeli offensive in the Gaza Strip.

Turkish charity Kimse Yok Mu (Is Anybody There) launched an aid campaign recently for the people of the Gaza Strip and called for more humanitarian aid to the region.

Since the start of the campaign, members of the foundation have distributed food, blankets, household goods and other items to victims in Gaza, recently increasing the amount of humanitarian aid to those affected by the Israeli military’s air and ground attacks.

In an effort to heal the pain the people of Gaza are suffering, Kimse Yok Mu hosted an iftar for 13,000 people, delivered food to 2,000 families, delivered household goods to 200 families and sent blankets to 350 families. The foundation also drilled a well there, as thousands of people are struggling with hunger and thirst, in addition to delivering milk to 1,000 children so far.

Kimse Yok Mu doctors also extended a helping hand to the Gazans who were injured during attacks by the Israeli army by performing free surgeries and providing medical relief. The charity also launched a donation campaign to enable the purchase of medical supplies.

Kimse Yok Mu is also repairing houses that were damaged during the Israeli attacks on Gaza residents. The foundation has not forgotten about the children, delivering 1,750 liters of milk along with 1,215 packages of diapers to families with children.

 

Source: Today's Zaman , July 31, 2014


Related News

Terrorist organization, you say

He is 73 years old and is known as a respected scholar who has been studying Islamic exegesis. He is well-known in academia. He was promoted to associate professor in the field of Islamic exegesis back in 1977. He served as head of the exegesis department at the faculty of theology at Erzurum’s Atatürk University, conducted research in Paris Sorbonne, taught at the faculty of Islamic studies at the Islamic University of Madinah, was the chair of exegesis studies at Marmara University and conducted academic studies at International Islamic University of Malaysia. He is the author of 13 books and hundreds of articles.

70-year-old intending Hajj pilgrim detained on coup charges at airport

A 70-year-old prospective Hajj pilgrim was detained on coup charges at İstanbul’s Atatürk on Thursday night. Kıymet G., who is being held by police, was taken into custody while she was waiting to get on a Turkish Airlines flight for the Muslim holy city of Mecca in Saudi Arabia.

Erdogan’s problem with his well-educated citizens

The government canceled the passports of all public servants purged with a decree and imposed travel restrictions on them and their spouses. Visiting scholars were ordered to return to Turkey. Academic freedom has been significantly restricted. In short, the entire educational system of Turkey has been crushed by the crackdown following the coup-attempt.

Which Turks hate Israel most?

Mustafa Akyol There was an interesting story in the Daily News last week, about the cancelling of a Yuval Ron concert in Istanbul. Mr. Ron, an award-wining Israeli musician, was supposed to play his tunes in a Sultanahmet hall, but the event was cancelled at the last minute due to protests, and, allegedly, some “threats.” […]

Media freedom in Turkey takes another blow

On Dec. 25, Mahir Zeynalov sent out two tweets. “The first tweet contained a link to a news report about the second wave of a massive graft operation and how police blocked a raid involving more than 40 suspects, including Saudi businessman Yasin al-Qadi — listed as a specially designated terrorist by the United States,” Today’s Zaman reported Jan. 31. Zeynalov’s tweets are no longer present on his Twitter account. “’Turkish prosecutors order police to arrest al-Qaeda affiliates, Erdogan’s appointed police chiefs refuse to comply,’ read the first tweet. In the second tweet, Zeynalov shared a news report detailing al-Qaeda suspects’ escape from the country after police chiefs blocked the raid on Dec. 25.”

Turkish school extended help to Turks after earthquake in Nepal

Turkish tourists who were on a vacation in Nepal during a magnitude 7.8 earthquake hit Kathmandu on Saturday stated that Turkish school in the country used every means available to help them and other earthquake victims.

Latest News

Turkish inmate jailed over alleged Gülen links dies of heart attack in prison

Message of Condemnation and Condolences for Mass Shooting at Bondi Beach, Sydney

Media executive Hidayet Karaca marks 11th year in prison over alleged links to Gülen movement

ECtHR faults Turkey for convictions of 2,420 applicants over Gülen links in follow-up to 2023 judgment

New Book Exposes Erdoğan’s “Civil Death Project” Targeting the Hizmet Movement

European Human Rights Treaty Faces Legal And Political Tests

ECtHR rejects Turkey’s appeal, clearing path for retrials in Gülen-linked cases

Erdoğan’s Civil Death Project’ : The ‘politicide’ spanning more than a decade

Fethullah Gülen’s Vision and the Purpose of Hizmet

In Case You Missed It

Not appearing in the worst selfie in history

Yobe, Turkish Institutions Team Up To Boost Education

Kimse Yok Mu humanitarian aid organization makes it to top 100 NGOs

Gülen’s lawyer: Targeting overseas Turkish educators breaks law

Turkey Concedes: No Evidence Linking Gulen to Coup Sent to Washington

On Hizmet: Why do I not criticize it?

Gülen’s lawyer: Pro-government media ignores ruling of Supreme Court of Appeals

Copyright 2026 Hizmet News