Pro-gov’t journalist says jailed Gulenists should be forced to commit suicide


Date posted: March 26, 2018

Pro-government journalist and writer Fazıl Duygun has called on authorities to force people jailed over their links to the Gulen movement to commit suicide.

“FETO supporters should be forced in an appropriate way to commit suicide. Because these vile people do not seem to behave sensibly unless they die,” he tweeted on March 26.

Duygun’s Twitter account was suspended later in the day but he has said he is going to continue tweeting via another handle.

Turkish government blames the Gulen movement and calls it FETO, short for the alleged Fethullahist Terror Group.

The movement denies involvement in the coup and any terror activities.

More than 160,000 people have passed through police custody, of which 60,000 were remanded in prison pending trial over Gulen links since the summer of 2016.

According to a 2017 report by the Sweden-based monitoring group Stockholm Freedom Center (SCF), at least 53 people killed themselves both in and outside of prisons in what it calls suspicious suicides, in the aftermath of the July 15, 2016 failed coup.

The relatives of most of them claim that the detainees are not the kind of people to commit suicide, shedding doubt on the official narrative. Rumors also have it that some of the detainees were killed after being subjected to torture under custody.

Source: Turkey Purge , March 26, 2018


Related News

Had the Kurds believed in Said-i Kurdi, their children wouldn’t have died

Naim from Diyarbakir sent me a message. He says: “The Kurds would listen to you if you said something to them, because you’re coming from a leftist tradition. Evil powers like PKK and KCK can’t stand the approval for Gulen Movement’s service for Kurds.”

İstanbul’s global summit secures deals worth millions

İPEK ÜZÜM/ARİF BAYRAKTAR, İSTANBUL A global trade and investment summit organized by the Turkish Confederation of Businessmen and Industrialists (TUSKON) in İstanbul has seen companies from around the globe ink deals worth millions of dollars in construction and furniture. The Turkey-World Trade Bridge summit, which kicked off on Wednesday, continued with business-to-business (B2B) meetings between […]

GYV gathers politicians, diplomats at iftar dinner in Turkish capital

3 August 2012 / TODAY’S ZAMAN, ANKARA Many distinguished figures, including Cabinet members, politicians, diplomats, businessmen and journalists, came together at an iftar (fast-breaking dinner) table on Thursday night in an event held by the Ankara branch of the Journalists and Writers Foundation (GYV) at Ankara’s Congresium hall. The Syrian crisis, which has claimed the […]

Closer look at empire of cleric accused in Turkey coup attempt

Turkey’s crackdown of those suspected in the failed July 15 military coup widens, with the firing of 492 people at its top Islamic authority. Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan is zeroing in on a Muslim cleric living in rural Pennsylvania, whom he accuses of masterminding the coup attempt.

Woman accused of being Gülenist by ex-husband in prison for 10 months

Tuba Kaya, a 27-year-old reporter from the now-closed Zaman daily, was arrested on Sept. 19 after her ex-husband lodged a complaint claiming that she was a member of Turkey’s Gülen group, which the Turkish government accuses of masterminding a coup attempt on July 15, 2016.

Cold Turkey: Erdogan’s withdrawal from democracy

The bizarre, phantom-like failed coup d’etat staged against Erdoğan’s increasingly brutal regime on July 15 last year saw him seize the opportunity to exterminate, imprison and purge tens of thousands of his enemies, real and imagined, within all strata of civil society, the military, government, media, education, health, the judiciary and other institutions.

Latest News

Sacramento leaders gather for Iftar dinner in celebration of Ramadan

SEO Skill Suite: Tools for Keyword Research, Technical & Backlink Analysis

Turkish inmate jailed over alleged Gülen links dies of heart attack in prison

Message of Condemnation and Condolences for Mass Shooting at Bondi Beach, Sydney

Media executive Hidayet Karaca marks 11th year in prison over alleged links to Gülen movement

ECtHR faults Turkey for convictions of 2,420 applicants over Gülen links in follow-up to 2023 judgment

New Book Exposes Erdoğan’s “Civil Death Project” Targeting the Hizmet Movement

European Human Rights Treaty Faces Legal And Political Tests

ECtHR rejects Turkey’s appeal, clearing path for retrials in Gülen-linked cases

In Case You Missed It

The cleric next door: Pocono neighbors weigh in on Fethullah Gülen, the man Turkey wants back

Qatar deports 45 Turkish nationals over Gülen links

Gursel Tekin: Gulen’s remarks on the third bridge are valuable

Gülen’s lawyer: a civilian structure demonized by fictitious slurs

Man gets prison sentence, fine after attack on Gülen-linked institutions in France

Pro-gov’t troll says sympathizers of Gülen movement should be ‘wiped out’

Filipino military awards Turkish high school for peace initiatives

Copyright 2026 Hizmet News