Gursel Tekin: Gulen’s remarks on the third bridge are valuable


Date posted: July 11, 2013

Hüseyin Keleş

Republican People’s Party Deputy Chairman Gursel Tekin gave the daily Zaman noteworthy statements on Turkey’s heated agenda. Speaking of the controversies over naming the third bridge as “Yavuz Sultan Selim”, Tekin expressed his support for Fethullah Gulen’s remarks, saying, “Let’s not sacrifice all the bridges to build one. To me, we should not ruin the order when an atmosphere of breaking bread among Sunnis- Alevis and all pervades.” “These words are certainly right and valuable. We definitely shouldn’t destroy thousands bridges of brotherhood built to date for the sake of one,” Tekin said. Arguing that when unsolved troubles persist, another one shouldn’t arise in the form of a controversy over a bridge’s name, Tekin further said, “We shouldn’t let this disturb out thousands of Alevi fellows.”

Gursel Tekin also touched upon the Feb 28 investigation in the run-up to its lawsuit stage. He asserted that the Feb. 28 period hasn’t been truly settled. He related how billions of dollars was siphoned from laborers, villagers, farmers and retirees at the time. “Let us call them to account. The ruling party has to inspect the financial accounts too. You can see all the relevant documents at TMSF (Saving Deposit Insurance Fund of Turkey) today. We are talking about 96 billion dollars. Bank accounts and media also needs inspection if a true settlement is desired”.

Regarding the controversy surrounding the deceased president Turgut Ozal’s death, which has revived after the exhumation and forensic report, Tekin said the answer in Ozal’s death is hidden deep down the tunnels in Ankara and needs to be searched there. “The entire 93 period witnessed a succession of incidents. As the parliament, let us settle the unsolved crimes and make a history,” Tekin urged. He further alleged that extreme groups have hijacked the Gezi Park incidents but among them are also state-empowered groups. He demanded inspection of all the surveillance cameras in sight.

It is heinous if that woman was really assaulted

Furthermore, Gursel Tekin remarked on the incident that involves the assault on Bahcelievler Mayor Osman Develioglu’s daughter-in-law, by a group of Gezi Park protestors. Noting that he cannot admit it’s true, Tekin said “If it really happened, it’s shameful and heinous. If killing five men is a heinous act, equally so is this. We need to see the records, they should show us.” Speaking of the speculations on his nomination as Istanbul mayor in the upcoming local elections, Tekin said the decision of Chairman Kilicdaroglu and CHP body is what matters. “I’m ready to stand by whoever is nominated. And if it’s me, I will do what it takes. Thanks God, we have the determination and power to govern not just one Istanbul but several of them.

Source: HizmetMovement.com , July 06, 2013


Related News

Gülen’s lawyer: Pro-government media ignores ruling of Supreme Court of Appeals

Nurullah Albayrak, the lawyer representing Turkish Islamic scholar Fethullah Gülen, said in a written statement on Monday that pro-government media outlets continue their false accusations about Gülen and members of the Gülen movement, pointing out that Gülen was acquitted in June 2008 of all allegations that had been leveled against him at that time.

Standing by the Education Rights of Schoolgirls

Influential Muslim preacher Fethullah Gulen, who is considered by TIME magazine as “the most potent advocate of moderation in the Muslim world,” has strongly condemned the kidnappings in Nigeria as well as other such violent acts. In an interview he said that denying girls access to education simply goes against the spirit of the Muslim religious tradition and that women should be able to take on every role in our society, including those of physicians, military officers, judges and head of state.

Academics sign statement saying ‘rule of law suspended’

Professor Ayhan Aktar, Professor Ersin Kalaycıoğlu and Professor Yasemin İnceoğlu, as well as 147 other academics, signed a statement saying that the ruling Justice and Development Party (AK Party) government cannot ignore corruption allegations by making up claims of a “parallel state” — which has no meaning in political science or law — and placing all responsibility of unlawful acts on the Hizmet movement, which was inspired by Turkish Islamic scholar Fethullah Gülen.

Pro-gov’t journalist suggests killing family members of jailed Gülen followers

Journalist Cem Küçük, a staunch supporter of Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdoğan, suggested during a live TV program that Turkish intelligence should kill family members of jailed Gülen followers in order to turn the inmates into operatives for the Erdoğan regime.

Turkish PM Erdoğan’s imagined enemies

Turkey is no longer the old Turkey. The affluent middle class, the young population and stronger civil society organizations, strengthened by the digital revolution with such tools as social media and Internet portals, will resist any attempts to turn the clock backwards on the development of Turkish democracy. People will simply ask why Prime Minister Erdoğan is not going after his people who have been sleeping with the enemy next door if he is really sincere in addressing external threats to this great nation.

Did Erdoğan say ‘shut up’ to Gen. Eruygur?

EMRE USLU Liberal daily Taraf has published yet another document showing that the government, back in 2004, signed an agreement with the generals to fight the Gülen movement. The document outlined that the government agreed to prevent Gülen sympathizers from getting jobs in state institutions. Some political observers argue that the document shows that in […]

Latest News

Sacramento leaders gather for Iftar dinner in celebration of Ramadan

SEO Skill Suite: Tools for Keyword Research, Technical & Backlink Analysis

Turkish inmate jailed over alleged Gülen links dies of heart attack in prison

Message of Condemnation and Condolences for Mass Shooting at Bondi Beach, Sydney

Media executive Hidayet Karaca marks 11th year in prison over alleged links to Gülen movement

ECtHR faults Turkey for convictions of 2,420 applicants over Gülen links in follow-up to 2023 judgment

New Book Exposes Erdoğan’s “Civil Death Project” Targeting the Hizmet Movement

European Human Rights Treaty Faces Legal And Political Tests

ECtHR rejects Turkey’s appeal, clearing path for retrials in Gülen-linked cases

In Case You Missed It

Turkish school shows EU already chose Turkey

Turkey – Baby with Down syndrome suffers major health problems in absence of jailed parents

Zaman Editor-in-Chief: Turkish government no longer democratic

Message of tolerance, peace expressed at GYV’s fast-breaking dinner

Turkish nationals in Bangladesh living in fear

Pak-Turk schools’ 17th anniversary

Pak-Turk Schools react to baseless claims

Copyright 2026 Hizmet News