Turkish official says 252 companies seized over Gülen links


Date posted: October 9, 2016

Government-run Savings Deposit Insurance Fund (TMSF) President Şakir Ercan Gül announced on Tuesday that the government has seized a total of 252 companies in Turkey.

The government has been confiscating the private property of non-loyalist businesspeople without due process on unsubstantiated charges of terrorist links.

The companies are alleged to be connected to the Gülen movement, a civic initiative based in Turkey, with the government coining the term “FETÖ” to designate the movement a terrorist organization despite the lack of any court verdict to that effect. A court last week in fact ruled out the existence of such an organization named “FETÖ.”

The government accuses the movement of masterminding a July 15 coup attempt even though the latter denies involvement, demanding credible evidence.

The government’s crackdown against the movement, however, is not limited to the period following the coup attempt since the managements of many institutions affiliated with the movement have already seized by the TMSF over the course of the past three years.

The time that the government publicly declared war against the movement coincided with allegations in 2013 of widespread corruption that implicated four then-Cabinet ministers, which were given extensive coverage by the Gülen-affiliated Zaman Media Group at the time.
Among the large conglomerates that have recently been confiscated by the TMSF are Koza-İpek Holding, Boydak Holding, Dumankaya Holding, Kaynak Holding and Naksan Holding.

In separate investigations, the government also confiscated the assets of many businessmen it considers linked to the movement.

Akın İpek, the CEO of Koza İpek Holding until the confiscation, said 18 of the group’s confiscated companies alone were worth over $10 billion.

The government also seized Turkey’s then-largest Islamic lender, Bank Asya, over its ties to the movement.

Source: Turkish Minute , October 4, 2016


Related News

Turkish intelligence staged a rocket attack on Erdoğan’s palace to rally public support

Turkey’s National Intelligence Organization (MIT) appears to have staged a rocket attack on the palace of Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdoğan three days after a failed coup in order to bolster the perception that the threat of a putschist attempt was still alive and to rally public support for the government.

Auto companies from 27 countries join TUSKON summit

Representatives of automotive manufacturing companies from 27 countries were in the city of Konya on Tuesday to participate in a trade and investment summit organized by the Turkish Confederation of Businessmen and Industrialists (TUSKON).

AKP Twitter troll asks gov’t to kill all Gülen sympathizers in jail

A pro-Justice and Development Party (AKP) Twitter troll has called on the government to make plans for the massacre of all Gülen sympathizers who are currently behind bars in the event of a second coup attempt in the country.

Egypt Today’s interview with Fethullah Gülen, home sickness and fabricated coup

It seems that there is no one left to say “enough” to Erdogan, most of the people who tried to stop him before are now in jail, and if the opposition can’t find a way to defend the civilian and constitutional rights then it’s completely useless. Some of them used to ignore the regime’s injustice just because they weren’t targeted by its actions, but they didn’t know that it will get to them one day as well.

Erdoğan planning to stage another coup in bid to eradicate remaining dissidents, columnist claims

According to TR724 columnist Selin Tanbay, Erdoğan’s speech was nothing but the first signal of what she calls ‘a new plot in the making’ against the sympathizers of the Gülen movement and other dissident voices. Giving his Ramadan holiday message on September 13, Erdoğan kept his eyes away from the teleprompter and let his plans slip out for a while, Tanbay said.

Final declaration of the 33rd Abant Platform: “Turkey direction”

Participants in the 33rd Abant Platform, which ended on Sunday in the northwestern town of Akçakoca, agreed that Turkey has lost its direction in both its domestic and foreign policy, saying the way to rectify this is to restore its commitment to the accession process into the European Union and the rule of law at home.

Latest News

Sacramento leaders gather for Iftar dinner in celebration of Ramadan

SEO Skill Suite: Tools for Keyword Research, Technical & Backlink Analysis

Turkish inmate jailed over alleged Gülen links dies of heart attack in prison

Message of Condemnation and Condolences for Mass Shooting at Bondi Beach, Sydney

Media executive Hidayet Karaca marks 11th year in prison over alleged links to Gülen movement

ECtHR faults Turkey for convictions of 2,420 applicants over Gülen links in follow-up to 2023 judgment

New Book Exposes Erdoğan’s “Civil Death Project” Targeting the Hizmet Movement

European Human Rights Treaty Faces Legal And Political Tests

ECtHR rejects Turkey’s appeal, clearing path for retrials in Gülen-linked cases

In Case You Missed It

Tunisia was able to make constitution because of concessions of all parties

Turkey seizes another baklava maker over coup charges, appoints deputy governor as caretaker

Minister says ‘parallel state’ claims not realistic, cites lack of evidence

Gulen`s Interview with the German Newspaper Süddeutsche Zeitung

No place for excuses!

Sweden delays sending back Erdogan dissenters

Another woman faces detention just after giving birth as police await at hospital

Copyright 2026 Hizmet News