Turkish family drowned in Aegean Sea while escaping from Erdogan regime


Date posted: December 7, 2017

Victims of Erdogan regime are increasing everyday as there has not been an effective mechanism preventing him. A Turkish Family with three children drowned in Aegean Sea while escaping from Erdogan’ autocratic regime as they had last their hope to survive in Turkey.

On November 21, 2017, Greek media reported that Greek authorities have found bodies of five, including three children, short time ago on the Greek Island of Lesvos. Identities of the bodies were revealed through the ID cards found on them, which were handed out to the Turkish police to check the records.

According to information collected by Aktif Haber, detention warrants were outstanding for Hüseyin Maden (40), his wife Nur Maden (36). Both were teachers who were sacked from their jobs following a failed coup last year over alleged links to the Gülen movement, which the Turkish government accuses of being behind the coup attempt. The couple and their children Nadire Maden (13), Bahar Maden (10) and Feridun Maden (7) drowned as they fled from the Recep Tayyip Erdoğan regime’s persecution targeting members of the Gülen movement.

The sources told Aktif Haber that relatives of the Maden family in Turkey’s Samsun province had not heard from them for several days, leading to speculation that the bodies found by Greek authorities might belong to the five members of the Maden family.

Greek authorities delivered identity cards found on the bodies to Turkish police to see whether they belonged to members of the Maden family.

It was reported on Nov. 11 in the Greek media that authorities had discovered three dead children within the space of a few days on the northeast coast of Lesvos, baffling local port authorities, who launched an investigation.

Many people have tried to flee Turkey illegally as the Turkish government cancelled their passports.

Turkey survived a coup attempt on July 15, 2016 that killed 249 people. Immediately after the putsch, the Justice and Development Party (AKP) government along with President Recep Tayyip Erdoğan pinned the blame on the Gülen movement.

Fethullah Gülen, who inspired the movement, strongly denied having any role in the failed coup and called for an international investigation into it, but President Erdoğan — calling the coup attempt “a gift from God” — and the government initiated a widespread purge aimed at cleansing sympathizers of the movement from within state institutions, dehumanizing its popular figures and putting them in custody.

The Greek police presumes that the family was a part of a larger refugee group escaping from the country and thus questioning recently arrived refugees.


Related News

To escape from Turkey, they told their children it was a game

 


Related News

Operation against the Hizmet movement soon!

The AK Party government sees the corruption probes as a coup launched against it by the Hizmet movement and it has convinced itself that the probes are a defensive move in response to the effort to close prep schools. Already Erdoğan has presented movement supporters as spies and succeeded in dividing the state bureaucracy, families, friends and neighbors in the country. Unfortunately, this polarization in society is quite dangerous.

9 Months imprisonment for hate crimes against Gülen Movement in Germany

Hakan Koçak was sentenced to 9 months’ imprisonment due to insulting and threatening the volunteers of the Hizmet Movement in Nürnberg, Germany. The judge also told Kocak long-term advice and explained that Germany is a constitutional state.

More Academics, Teachers, Charity Staff Detained Over Alleged Gülen Links

Tens of academics, teachers, university staff and aid organization personnel were detained by police in Turkey over alleged links with Gülen movement.

Purge-victim businessman sent back to prison a week after stomach cancer surgery: son

Hacı Boydak, a Kayseri-based Turkish businessman, has been put in solitary confinement only one week after he underwent a cancer surgery, according to his son.

87-year old prisoner gets 11-day solitary confinement for ‘hoping release one day’

Ali Osman Karahan, an 87-year-old Turkish man who has been kept in an Isparta prison for almost 15 months over alleged links to Turkey’s Gülen group, was given 11-day solitary confinement for relieving other inmates by saying: “if you are not guilty, you will be released one day.”

US Congressman: No Credibility In Charges By Turkey Against Gülen

US Congressman Brad Sherman said on Thursday that charges against US-based Islamic scholar Fethullah Gülen by the Turkish government and Turkey’s autocratic President Recep Tayyip Erdoğan have no credibility and that he would not be treated with justice if he were in Turkey.

Latest News

Sacramento leaders gather for Iftar dinner in celebration of Ramadan

SEO Skill Suite: Tools for Keyword Research, Technical & Backlink Analysis

Turkish inmate jailed over alleged Gülen links dies of heart attack in prison

Message of Condemnation and Condolences for Mass Shooting at Bondi Beach, Sydney

Media executive Hidayet Karaca marks 11th year in prison over alleged links to Gülen movement

ECtHR faults Turkey for convictions of 2,420 applicants over Gülen links in follow-up to 2023 judgment

New Book Exposes Erdoğan’s “Civil Death Project” Targeting the Hizmet Movement

European Human Rights Treaty Faces Legal And Political Tests

ECtHR rejects Turkey’s appeal, clearing path for retrials in Gülen-linked cases

In Case You Missed It

US Unlikely to ‘Speed Up’ Gulen’s Extradition to Turkey

Abant Platform discusses thriving relations between Turkey and Africa

Why was Mr. Gulen’s name brought up in the coup attempt in Turkey?

Main opposition brings plans to sink Bank Asya to Parliament

Autistic children left unattended as teacher parents under arrest over alleged coup links

Inside the rural Pa. compound where an influential Muslim cleric lives in exile

Why Gulen-sympathizers with their babies risk death to flee Erdogan regime

Copyright 2026 Hizmet News