Tanzania dismisses Turkish gov’t allegations concerning Feza schools, asks for proof


Date posted: August 21, 2016

Tanzania has dismissed an allegation by Turkey that the Feza schools in the country are being used to radicalise the youth and fund opposition against the Ankara government.

Stung by a failed coup last month, Turkey has targeted businesses associated with Fethullah Gulen, a Muslim Cleric it wants extradited from the US to face charges in Ankara of plotting the coup and funding terrorism activities.

Turkey ambassador in Tanzania Yasemin Eralp has called for deregistration of Feza schools in Tanzania. The envoy also accuses some unnamed businesses of funding the opposition against Turkey President Recep Tayyip Erdogan.

Calling businesses, charities and schools associated with Gulen “nests of terror,” President Recep Tayyip Erdogan has vowed to get rid of all of them. Already, Turkey has ordered the seizure of the assets of 187 such firms.

Tanzania Foreign Minister Dr Augustine Mahiga has dismissed the allegations, linking them to a determination by President Endorgan to eliminate elements he perceives as opposed to his rule.

Dr Mahiga said the 10 Feza schools in Tanzania, which are run under the Ishik Medical and Educational Foundation, and other businesses were vetted before being registered to operate in the country. He asked Ankara to prove the claims that the schools and businesses were engaged in subversive activities.

The foundation had denied links with Mr Gulen saying “he does not even know Feza schools exists.” The schools are also found in Kenya, Uganda and Rwanda.

Source: The East African , August 20, 2016


Related News

Turkey post-coup purges convulse society

President Erdogan says the state of emergency might be needed for another year to crush the “terrorist” threat. More than 130 media outlets have been shut down, the pro-Kurdish IMC TV the latest victim. The authorities have started releasing 38,000 prisoners, to make way for the new arrests.

Islamabad High Court: No plan to close Pak-Turk schools

The government is not going to shut down Pak-Turk schools nor it has received any request from the Turkish government for the transfer of its management to any third party. This was stated by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in written comments submitted to the Islamabad High Court (IHC) in response to a petition filed by the management of the Pak-Turk schools.

In Turkey, The Man To Blame For Most Everything(!) Is A U.S.-Based Cleric

It isn’t just last month’s attempted coup that the Gulen movement is being blamed for! Everything from suicide bomb attacks to past mine disasters are being laid at the cleric’s doorstep. Just to name a few: last November’s Turkish shootdown of a Russian fighter jet, an explosion at a coal mine in Soma led to an underground fire that killed 301 people in 2014, a horrific suicide bombing at a wedding in Gaziantep killed dozens in August and even killing of Turkish-Armenian journalist Hrant Dink in 2007.

Tip of the iceberg

BERİL DEDEOĞLU A significant allegation is circulating. Some people claim that the government wants to close prep schools because of a secret deal with the Kurds. They probably suggest that the Kurds are against the education institutions established by those close to Fethullah Gülen’s thinking, and they want to replace these prep schools with Kurdish […]

Egyptian professor impressed with Fethullah Gulen

Fethullah Gulen, a thinker, a scholar engaged in philosophy in a place like Turkey. And he is compared to philosophers like Plato, Confucius, Kant and Sartre.’ I knew them very well as philosophy is my expertise. So, I wanted to get to know Gulen. I researched his views and thesis and what I found out fascinated me said Sharkawy the prominent Egyptian professor of philosophy at Cairo University,

Turkish School Leader Abducted, and Released, in Mongolia

Mr. Ganbat, the Mongolian general director of the Empathy foundation, which runs the Mongolia-Turkish schools, said the Mongolian police told him that the vehicle had a fake license plate and that three masked people were inside.

Latest News

Sacramento leaders gather for Iftar dinner in celebration of Ramadan

SEO Skill Suite: Tools for Keyword Research, Technical & Backlink Analysis

Turkish inmate jailed over alleged Gülen links dies of heart attack in prison

Message of Condemnation and Condolences for Mass Shooting at Bondi Beach, Sydney

Media executive Hidayet Karaca marks 11th year in prison over alleged links to Gülen movement

ECtHR faults Turkey for convictions of 2,420 applicants over Gülen links in follow-up to 2023 judgment

New Book Exposes Erdoğan’s “Civil Death Project” Targeting the Hizmet Movement

European Human Rights Treaty Faces Legal And Political Tests

ECtHR rejects Turkey’s appeal, clearing path for retrials in Gülen-linked cases

In Case You Missed It

Veteran out of social security coverage after being dismissed in post-coup purge

Turkish Gov’t Unveils 16 Ways to Identify Gulenists [as Terrorists]

Turkish teacher kidnapped in Mongolia freed after authorities ground flight

Fethullah Gulen writes in WSJ: Muslims Must Combat the Extremist Cancer

Çağlayan: TUSKON Trade Bridge soon to be global brand

Gülen’s lawyer files lawsuit over unlawful police probe into Hizmet

Turkey coup and Fethullah Gülen: Why blame a progressive Islamic modernist?

Copyright 2026 Hizmet News