Pak-Turk Parents Association calls for immediate recovery of ex-principal, his family


Date posted: October 14, 2017

Ihsan Qadir

LAHORE: The Pak-Turk Parents Association on Wednesday demanded an immediate release of the former principal of Pak-Turk School Mesut Kacmaz, who, along with his family, was reportedly kidnapped by unknown people from his residence in Wapda Town a little over two weeks ago.

Addressing a press conference at Lahore Press Club, the parents—including Abdul Wahab Gill, Muhammad Shafiq Chaudhry, Miss Shamim Khan and Miss Amir—said they were deeply concerned over the recent kidnapping of their colleague.

“It is heartbreaking that Mesut Kacmaz served this country (Pakistan) for almost 22 years but today we don’t know of his whereabouts. At least someone in the government should tell us about his well-being,” they said.

They added that the abduction of the Turkish educationist—along with his two young daughters Huma and Huda, and wife—was a very serious matter; they were ashamed right now as they did not know anything about them.

They appealed the government to immediately recover Mesut and his family, while ensuring their safety and security, especially since the Turkish staff running the Pak-Turk institutions had been living in Pakistan under the UNHCR’s protection as asylum seekers since November 2016.

Turkish educationist Murad said they had approached the Lahore High Court (LHC), and the court ordered the authorities to register an FIR and trace the missing family, but to no avail.

It is important to note that Mesut Kacmaz was allegedly kidnapped by about 15 people in plain clothes.

The missing educationist had sought asylum in the country ever since Pakistani government revoked the visas of all foreign nationals working for the Pak-Turk schools on the request of the Turkish government.

Turkey has blamed Fethullah Gülen, a US-based preacher, for a launching a failed coup against the civilian government in July 2016. It has launched a crackdown against his supporters across the globe. The Pak-Turk schools were administered by a foundation linked to Gülen.

 

Source: Pakistan Today , October 11, 2017


Related News

Scholars: Hizmet efforts to build schools will not stop

Taipei, Dec. 12 (CNA) Supporters of a civic movement inspired by Fethullah Gulen, one of the most important Muslim figures in Turkey, will not cease their efforts to build schools as long as there is a demand for such service around the world, according to a Turkish scholar dedicated to the movement. The Hizmet movement […]

Turkey, The great purge – Four lives upturned by Erdogan’s ‘cleansing.’ Episode 1 – Asli

All Mrs. Asli knows are the values she has embraced and she can’t see any problems with the humanist vision of Islam she endorses. “I recognise Gulen’s values in the morality of Islam, in the lives of Moses, Jesus and the Prophet Mohamed. Our values tell us never to hurt people, but to help them.

AK Party vs. Cemaat?

Ali Ünal Of the many seemingly true claims that have been put forward in regards to the discussions that have come about surrounding the Turkish government’s attempt to close down exam prep-courses, some arguments bear good intentions while others call the Hizmet Movement to “keep quiet” with arguments that lie far from the truth. One […]

Turkish schools are being closed down

Foreign Minister Ahmet Davutoğlu stated he had ordered the closure of Turkish schools in 160 countries, arguing that the officials of those schools had sent letters to the leaders of foreign countries in which they complained about the Turkish government. The closure of these schools is a serious step, but the reason for the closure is not based on real evidence.

Pak-Turk schools case: IHC grants more time to seek govt’s instructions

The Islamabad High Court (IHC) on Wednesday granted the Deputy Attorney General (DAG) three weeks to seek instructions from the ministry of interior and the ministry of foreign affairs after the Pak-Turk Education Foundation moved the IHC against the possible closure of its school network by the government.

Turks Taught Us How to Invest In Education, says Congolese Minister

Cihan News Agency In his remarks at the opening ceremony of Shafak International Turkish Schools’ new campus sponsored by businesspeople from Adana province of Turkey, Republic of Congo Minister of Education Mr. Maker Mwangu Famba expressed his admiration of high quality education offered at the schools. “They have accomplished what our President points us in […]

Latest News

Sacramento leaders gather for Iftar dinner in celebration of Ramadan

SEO Skill Suite: Tools for Keyword Research, Technical & Backlink Analysis

Turkish inmate jailed over alleged Gülen links dies of heart attack in prison

Message of Condemnation and Condolences for Mass Shooting at Bondi Beach, Sydney

Media executive Hidayet Karaca marks 11th year in prison over alleged links to Gülen movement

ECtHR faults Turkey for convictions of 2,420 applicants over Gülen links in follow-up to 2023 judgment

New Book Exposes Erdoğan’s “Civil Death Project” Targeting the Hizmet Movement

European Human Rights Treaty Faces Legal And Political Tests

ECtHR rejects Turkey’s appeal, clearing path for retrials in Gülen-linked cases

In Case You Missed It

SEO Skill Suite: Tools for Keyword Research, Technical & Backlink Analysis

[Part 4] Gülen calls for respect of diversity in Turkey to end polarization

Woman looking after disabled children alone as prosecutor husband under arrest for 270 days

Pro-Rashid Dostum Afghan security forces raided Afghan-Turk Boys High School in Shibirghan

Turkey seizes billions of dollars worth 691 companies over alleged ties to Gülen movement

Doctors Worldwide Turkey, Kimse Yok Mu set to help Gazans

Diagonal Dialogue from Turkey to Senegal

Copyright 2026 Hizmet News