Man behind Gülen probe also filed complaints about PM Erdoğan


Date posted: May 3, 2014

ANKARA
A former noncommissioned officer who filed a criminal complaint against Turkish Islamic scholar Fethullah Gülen that subsequently led to the launch of a preliminary probe into the scholar had also filed complaints against Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdoğan, though prosecutors have so far failed to take any action on them.

An investigation into Gülen was launched by an Ankara prosecutor’s office earlier this week following a complaint filed by C.O. The former noncommissioned officer told the media that his complaint against the scholar was based on a number of reports that had appeared in government newspapers. “I am basing my complaint on newspaper reports and my thoughts. I am unhappy. I do not want to be promoted in the media or become popular. I do not like things like this. I have also filed many criminal complaints against the prime minister,” he said.

On April 30, Turkish prosecutors launched a preliminary probe into Gülen based on allegations that he had attempted to overthrow the Justice and Development Party (AK Party) government. Prosecutors will later decide whether to launch a criminal investigation.

Erdoğan has accused Gülen of building a “parallel state” of followers in institutions such as the police and judiciary and using them in an attempt to seize the levers of state power.

The investigation followed earlier remarks by the prime minister that a formal process would be started to seek Gülen’s extradition from the United States. Gülen is in self-imposed exile in the US, though there is no legal hurdle preventing him from returning to Turkey.

C.O. also filed criminal complaints against Prime Minister Erdoğan with the Prime Ministry Coordination Center (BİMER). In one of his complaints, he claimed that the prime minister is sick in mind and spirit. “Erdoğan and his formation must be fought against,” he said. The complaints suggested that the former officer is of unsound mind. “You will see what else I will do on May 3 when Venus moves into Aries,” he said.

The former officer said the prime minister is ill. “This man [the prime minister] suffers from epilepsy. What kind of behavior does this illness cause? He does not have a healthy brain. He does not understand what others say. He cannot even see what is happening in front of him. He forgets what he has just said. He says the same thing for 10 days and says something contradictory on the 11th day. I do not like Gülen or the prime minister. I do not have to like either of them. They are cooperating. I hate imperialist cooperators. They both serve the US,” he stated.

C.O. also said he is not receiving psychiatric treatment. “I have a raison d’être. I have a big reason for existing. I am part of a puzzle. I am fulfilling my duties and responsibilities.” He also said he would be delighted if the AK Party and Gülen were engaged in a great war.

Claims have emerged in the media that there is an arrest warrant out for C.O.

Source: Todays Zaman , May 2, 2014


Related News

NPR interviews Stephen Kinzer on graft probe and Fethullah Gulen

A corruption scandal has forced Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdogan to reshuffle his cabinet, but he is rejecting calls for his resignation. Three of his ministers have resigned because of the scandal. The situation today is being called the biggest threat yet to Erdogan’s 11 years in office. Stephen Kinzer, visiting fellow at the Watson Institute at Brown University, joins Here & Now’s Robin Young to discuss the unfolding situation in Turkey.

Dozens take to Parliament Hill to protest Turkish human rights violations

Dozens of protesters packed the steps of Parliament Hill Saturday to draw attention to human rights violations against women and children in Turkey, in the wake of last summer’s failed coup.

Çelik admits profiling as daily faces criminal complaint for revelations

Justice and Development Party (AK Party) Deputy Chairman Hüseyin Çelik on Wednesday confirmed the authenticity of a new document suggesting that the government profiled individuals linked to some religious and faith-based groups, saying the document was leaked to the media by a member or members of the National Intelligence Organization (MİT). In a recent development […]

Misreading Turkey’s Twitter Controversy

Gülen and the participants of the movement he helped create have no interest in the privileges of power, which is evident from their purposeful abstention from holding political office or negotiating for political advantage.

Fethullah Gulen: I consider the coup attempt as a serious “terror coup”

The events of that night [the coup attempt] could be called as a serious terror coup. I categorically reject such accusations. The claim that I convinced the 8th biggest army in the world from 6000 miles away against its own government is an incredible slander. I would like those who are responsible for this coup attempt, regardless of their identities, to receive the punishment they deserve after a fair trial.

“1915” by Prof. Ihsan Yilmaz (1)

One can draw parallels with the Kurdish Question here. Similar to Armenian gangs’ massacres in Muslim villages, the Kurdistan Workers’ Party (PKK) has also been engaged in terrorism against civilians and has been bombing cities, shopping malls, mosques and schools. But we all agree that all of these do not justify a state repression of all Kurds or their forced relocation, etc.

Latest News

Sacramento leaders gather for Iftar dinner in celebration of Ramadan

SEO Skill Suite: Tools for Keyword Research, Technical & Backlink Analysis

Turkish inmate jailed over alleged Gülen links dies of heart attack in prison

Message of Condemnation and Condolences for Mass Shooting at Bondi Beach, Sydney

Media executive Hidayet Karaca marks 11th year in prison over alleged links to Gülen movement

ECtHR faults Turkey for convictions of 2,420 applicants over Gülen links in follow-up to 2023 judgment

New Book Exposes Erdoğan’s “Civil Death Project” Targeting the Hizmet Movement

European Human Rights Treaty Faces Legal And Political Tests

ECtHR rejects Turkey’s appeal, clearing path for retrials in Gülen-linked cases

In Case You Missed It

Ex-FM Yakış defends Turkish schools as the torch bearer of Ottoman vision

200 public servants sue PM over ‘parallel state’ statements

Germany Declines Turkish Request to Freeze Gulen Assets

New Book – “Beginnings and Endings: Fethullah Gülen’s Vision for Today’s World”

Man behind Gülen probe also filed complaints about PM Erdoğan

Three political risks that Turkey might be exposed to

Conference endorses Gülen’s ideas as guides for Nigerian education system

Copyright 2026 Hizmet News