‘Latest developments increased recognition of Hizmet Movement globally’


Date posted: March 20, 2014

SENEGAL

Madiambal Diagne who is the editor-in-chief of a leading newspaper, Le Quotidien, in Senegal, stated that conflict between Hizmet Movement and Turkish government has paved way for Hizmet Movement to gain recognition worldwide extensively.

Speaking to the Cihan news agency, Diagne commented on the Hizmet Movement, inspired by Islamic Scholar Fethullah Gülen and the current stance of the government against to that movement, which greatly altered especially after corruption scandal on Dec. 17.

“Actually, I think what has happened recently has been benefit of the Hizmet Movement, since the world has found opportunity to know Hizmet Movement well. Some interventions which seemed as pressure have become an energy and power for Hizmet Movement to be heard and led to recognition of Hizmet Movement,” said Diagne.

Diagne also commented on the Turkish Schools, established by the entrepreneurs affiliated with the Hizmet Movement saying that Senegal needs those schools a lot since the schools do not only offer a decent education but also offers moral education for the students. “ Building a school means building a human. You build human. One day, if buildings you built collapse, people you built will continue to live,” added Diagne.

Source: Cihan , March 20, 2014


Related News

“These schools are cultivating future’s prominent Malians”

The new campus, to be comprised of two schools buildings and a dorm, is rising on nearly 3.4 acres. Established in 2002, the Turkish schools in Mali are currently offering education to some 2 thousand students in the West African country.

Turkey deserves a civilian constitution – Cemal Yigit

The Ufuk Dialogue Foundation is a platform where Christians and Muslims come together to promote peaceful coexistence, mutual understanding and dialogue, especially between the two religions. This is because we believe that if we come together we can talk the talk and walk the walk.

Gov’t closes schools instead of resolving education problems

The Ministry of Education and the ruling Justice and Development Party (AK Party) government have been focusing on closing down private prep schools for university preparation (dershanes) and Turkish schools abroad instead of spending its energy on resolving critical problems in the Turkish education system, experts say.

Turkish Schools excel in South Africa

A total of 159 students from Star College had participated in last year’s matric exams amongst a total of 654,723 students across the country. The college’s 100% success rate at the 2013 National Senior Certificate was widely acclaimed by the country’s press.

When nations spy on their nationals on foreign soil

The targeted Turks have lived in Nigeria for decades, with very high investments profile in the education, health and social sectors of the economy. They are involved in legitimate businesses duly registered and regulated by relevant agencies of government.

Turkey’s post-coup crackdown moves overseas

In several cases, Turkey has offered to run the seized institutions, although it is expected to face legal challenges. Kimse Yok Mu, which had more than 200,000 volunteers in 100 countries before being forcibly closed after the coup attempt, is understood to be preparing to take the decision to international courts. Joshua Hendrick, an expert on the Gulen movement said Ankara faced a big challenge when it came to stepping into the shoes of its former allies.

Latest News

Sacramento leaders gather for Iftar dinner in celebration of Ramadan

SEO Skill Suite: Tools for Keyword Research, Technical & Backlink Analysis

Turkish inmate jailed over alleged Gülen links dies of heart attack in prison

Message of Condemnation and Condolences for Mass Shooting at Bondi Beach, Sydney

Media executive Hidayet Karaca marks 11th year in prison over alleged links to Gülen movement

ECtHR faults Turkey for convictions of 2,420 applicants over Gülen links in follow-up to 2023 judgment

New Book Exposes Erdoğan’s “Civil Death Project” Targeting the Hizmet Movement

European Human Rights Treaty Faces Legal And Political Tests

ECtHR rejects Turkey’s appeal, clearing path for retrials in Gülen-linked cases

In Case You Missed It

TUSKON sees $30 mln in Morocco textile contracts

Can the EU be blamed for Erdoğan’s authoritarianism?

Fethullah Gülen on Acts of Terrorism – in light of Paris and Beirut

Parents: Pak-Turk institutions’ control should not be transferred

Iranian gold stars in Turkish corruption scandal

Can resurrecting the caliphate solve Muslims’ problems?

Turkey calls on parents to report Erdogan critics at German schools

Copyright 2026 Hizmet News