Kimse Yok Mu to launch legal case against cabinet ruling


Date posted: October 6, 2014

Kimse Yok Mu filed three separate lawsuits after the cabinet ruling revoking its license to collect donations without government approval.

The nonprofit Kimse Yok Mu’s status to collect donations without state approval was officially revoked with a 22 September 2014 dated cabinet ruling.

The chairman İsmail Cingöz released the copy of the cabinet ruling on October 2, 2014 via twitter. Rumors over a potential removal of the status had been circulating in the past few weeks and received wide condemnation.

One legal challenge is against the state council to block the ruling of the cabinet. The non-profit will also sue the Interior Minister Efkan Ala, the Ministry inspectors, and other involved officials on numerous grounds, including malfeasance, discrimination and defamation. Thirdly, the nonprofit is also filing lawsuits against numerous pro-government newspapers for damages totaling over TL 1 billion.

Chairman Cingöz condemned the ruling in the following tweets:

“The plot to finish Kimse Yok Mu is done!!! The announcement reached us after being disclosed on the pro-government newspapers Takvim and Star”

“This ruling is a persecution against the millions in need”

“none of the other non-profits had any comparable presence to Kimse Yok Mu.”

“the people will never forget who cosigned this ruling.”

Eid Mubarak aid to continue

Meanwhile İsmail Cingöz stated that the nonprofit will go forward with its campaign “during the Eid Mubarak to provide food to needy. Donors will bring their animals of sacrifice without any concern. “

On the recent ruling the chairman added, “we had promised to 72 nations to provide sacrifice animals… we will keep our promises.”

Kimse Yok Mu has presence in 113 nations directly providing aid to 300 thousand. The nonprofit had previously passed a controversially rigorous 2-month inspection with flying colors.

Kimse Yok Mu was one of the twelve non-profits given a status to collect donations without pre-approval. “This is plot to turn the Kimse Yok Mu into any other non-profit,” Cingöz wrote.

Deputy Prime Minister’s previous denial

On Monday Deputy Prime Minister Bülent Arınç had denied that such a ruling was being considered. His signature is also featured in the document pertaining to the cabinet ruling. Arınç had said to the press, “such a status cannot be causally granted and revoked. There has to be a legal basis for any ruling; if not then the directors of the nonprofit can file a case against the cabinet.” Arınç had also stated that the cabinet meeting did not feature any discussion of Kimse Yok Mu’s status.

Ruling condemned

Independent parliamentarian and former Turkish soccer star Hakan Şükür criticized the cabinet ruling on twitter, saying: “those who steal food from the poor will one day be stranded. Almighty Allah has seen those signatures.”

Journalist Mustafa Akyol wrote, “I condemn the current government for its persecution of the Kimse Yok Mu.This witch hunt has exceeded all boundaries of reason and morality.”

The former police chief of Turkey’s southeastern province of Hakkari said, “the removal of Kimse Yok Mu’s status will only serve the terrorists in the PKK (Kurdistan Workers’ Party).

Source: BGN NEWS , October 3, 2014


Related News

Gülen’s lawyers file civil suit and criminal complaints against Prime Minister Davutoğlu

The lawyers of Turkish Islamic scholar Fethullah Gülen filed both a civil lawsuit and criminal complaint against Prime Minister Ahmet Davutoğlu over the prime minister’s claims about their client.

Turkey, The great purge – Four lives upturned by Erdogan’s ‘cleansing.’ Episode 3 – Omer

It was a tweet that set it all off. An innocuous post that plunged Omer Faruk Gergerlioglu into a personal, administrative and political hell — and a private trauma that has publicly exposed a growing rift within Turkey’s Islamists.

Kimse Yok Mu continues relief efforts in Bosnia

International charity organization Kimse Yok Mu continues its humanitarian aid campaign in Bosnian which was hit by floods severely in May. Arriving in the city for the second time with three semi-trailer trucks, volunteers from Kimse Yok Mu delivered food, blankets and couches to the flood victims.

Kurdish intellectuals denounce attack on Şırnak educational institution

24 April 2012 / AYTEN ÇİFTÇİ/ALİ GÜVEN, İSTANBUL/ŞIRNAK Kurdish intellectuals have joined critics of a suspected outlawed Kurdistan Workers’ Party (PKK) attack on a building, which hosts a private university prep course in Şırnak on Saturday, saying the masterminds of such attacks will not achieve their goals. The building, where weekend and evening courses to […]

Legislators joined Peace Islands Institute to distribute meat during Eid al-Adha

During the Islamic holiday of “Eid al-Adha” from October 15th-18th, 2013, the Peace Islands Institute (PII) paid visits to local Food Pantries with legislators to donate fresh meat to celebrate the eid so as to serve our NJ community, by remembering the poor during this holy season. Asm. Thomas P. Giblin (District 34) underlined the extreme generosity of the PII during the observance of Eid al Adha and noted that this demonstrated great community spirit and willingness to help families in need”

GYV president Usak passes away in exile

A renowned intellectual, journalist and president of the Journalists’ and Writers’ Foundation (GYV) Cemal Usak, who was among the targets of the Turkish government’s ongoing crackdown on the faith based Gulen movement, has passed away at the age of 63 while in exile. Usak had been receiving cancer treatment for the past several years. Reportedly, he was told he would die in prison if he comes to Turkey.

Latest News

Sacramento leaders gather for Iftar dinner in celebration of Ramadan

SEO Skill Suite: Tools for Keyword Research, Technical & Backlink Analysis

Turkish inmate jailed over alleged Gülen links dies of heart attack in prison

Message of Condemnation and Condolences for Mass Shooting at Bondi Beach, Sydney

Media executive Hidayet Karaca marks 11th year in prison over alleged links to Gülen movement

ECtHR faults Turkey for convictions of 2,420 applicants over Gülen links in follow-up to 2023 judgment

New Book Exposes Erdoğan’s “Civil Death Project” Targeting the Hizmet Movement

European Human Rights Treaty Faces Legal And Political Tests

ECtHR rejects Turkey’s appeal, clearing path for retrials in Gülen-linked cases

In Case You Missed It

Turkish school to open many new branches in Egypt

Does Islam Promote Violence?

ECtHR urges Albania not to deport Gülen follower to Turkey

Education Association Defends Zaman University

Serbia seeks agriculture investments from Turkey

Kosovo PM to Turkey’s Erdogan: ‘We Mind Our Own Affairs’

CHP leader calls on PM Erdoğan for explanation on action plan against Gülen movement

Copyright 2026 Hizmet News