Kimse Yok Mu helps flood victims in Tajikistan


Date posted: June 19, 2009

The aid organization Kimse Yok Mu (Is Anybody There) has extended a helping hand to the people of Tajikistan to meet their humanitarian needs after severe floods struck the country last month. Kimse Yok Mu sent a team of doctors, a search-and-rescue crew and an emergency governance expert to Uyali, a town in the province of Khatlon, which is among the areas affected most by the floods.

According to Kimse Yok Mu President Mehmet Özkara, buildings in the town have been heavily damaged by mudflow caused by the flooding. The district hospital and school have been completely destroyed, he said, adding that the floods resulted in the displacement of almost 2,500 Uyali residents, among a population of 6,000.

The government of Tajikistan has provided tents for the displaced families, while around 450 families are staying with relatives and are in urgent need of food and sanitation supplies.

The association launched the campaign on Monday, and food and other supplies were expected to be delivered to 2,500 families over the course of two days, Özkara said. “We obtain and distribute the aid with the help of Turkish schools located in Tajikistan and thanks to Turkish entrepreneurs there.” He added that the association will continue to support Tajikistan’s flood victims.

Source: Today’s Zaman 16 June 2009

 

 

 


Related News

Turkey’s targeted teachers find refuge in Vietnam

Vietnam feels like an odd refuge for those who put their faith in one of Turkey’s most controversial political figures—a man who preaches peace, but has been accused of fomenting war. For Yildirim and others like him, however, it may prove the safest place in the world.

Kimse Yok Mu to share perspectives at Clinton Global Initiative Annual Meeting

Turkish charity Kimse Yok Mu (Is Anybody There?) a Turkey-based humanitarian aid organization will participate in the 2015 Clinton Global Initiative (CGI) Annual Meeting in New York City September 26–29, which will be hosted by former US President Bill Clinton, and Clinton Foundation Vice Chair Chelsea Clinton.

Turkish NGOs provide iftar meals at al-Aqsa

Turkish benevolent corporations provide iftar meals for thousands of Muslims during holy Ramadan in Jerusalem’s al-Aqsa mosque. ‘Sadaka Tasi’ set iftar meals for a thousand people on the left side of Omar mosque, where Turkish non-governmental organization (NGO) ‘Kimse yok mu’ prepared tables for 300 people on the other side on Friday evening.

Afghan-Turk Teachers Call Their Extradition Illegal

Following government’s move to arrest three teachers from Afghan-Turk Schools, other staff members said they are refugees in Afghanistan and that their extradition to Turkey by the Afghan government is illegal.

Taliban Shuts Down Turkish Schools in Afghanistan

Kate Clark Taleban shuts more Afghan schools BBC reported that Taleban shut down schools opened by Gulen Movement in Afghanistan. Schools were providing contemperary education for free. Girls and women are hard hit by the Taleban’s stance on education. Below is the story by BBC. Six schools run by a Turkish Islamic group have been […]

Kimse Yok Mu reached out to 1 million people in Eid al-Adha

Volunteers of Kimse Yok Mu aid organization welcomed by minister in the many countries which they went to hand out meat to the needy families. In Guinea, Niger and Mali, ministers coordinated the aid and also some ministers joined the aid delivery to the needy families. In Guinea, Interior Ministry Botche Cande coordinated the aid as well as Minister of Family and Social Policies, Sanaba Kaba, he himself handed out meat packages.

Latest News

Sacramento leaders gather for Iftar dinner in celebration of Ramadan

SEO Skill Suite: Tools for Keyword Research, Technical & Backlink Analysis

Turkish inmate jailed over alleged Gülen links dies of heart attack in prison

Message of Condemnation and Condolences for Mass Shooting at Bondi Beach, Sydney

Media executive Hidayet Karaca marks 11th year in prison over alleged links to Gülen movement

ECtHR faults Turkey for convictions of 2,420 applicants over Gülen links in follow-up to 2023 judgment

New Book Exposes Erdoğan’s “Civil Death Project” Targeting the Hizmet Movement

European Human Rights Treaty Faces Legal And Political Tests

ECtHR rejects Turkey’s appeal, clearing path for retrials in Gülen-linked cases

In Case You Missed It

TUSKON chairman to Erdoğan: To make fortune, join business world

Kimse Yok Mu and UN launch relief project for Syrian refugees

Yet another woman detained due to Gülen links shortly after delivery

Reflection on the Asia-Pacific Trip with the Hizmet Movement

KYM Ramadan Aid for Ugandan Police Department

African Union, Kimse Yok Mu Sign Landmark Agreement

Closer look at empire of cleric accused in Turkey coup attempt

Copyright 2026 Hizmet News