Junior Coalition Partner Demands Explanation Why Bulgarian Govt Turned over Abdullah Buyuk to Turkey


Date posted: August 17, 2016

Right-wing Reformist Bloc, the junior partner in Bulgaria’s minority coalition cabinet, has demanded that Interior Minister Rumyana Bachvarova explain to Parliament why the government turned over Turkish businessman Abdullah Buyuk to Turkey last week.

“The Reformist Bloc expresses disagreement with the violation of basic principles that guide the coalition; for us these are the rule of law and the Euro-Atlantic orientation of the country,” the Reformist Bloc said in a statement on Tuesday.

The danger of migrant influx into Bulgaria can’t be the subject of bilateral arrangements between Bulgaria and Turkey, the Reformist Bloc (RB) said.

“Given the changed political situation and the increased migration pressure on the Bulgarian border, a common European position on the refugee crisis is needed to protect the interests of the countries standing in the first line – Bulgaria and Greece,” the RB added.Ankara had sought the extradition of Abdullah Buyuk, claiming that he had close links with U.S.-based cleric Fethullah Gulen blamed as the mastermind of the failed coup attempt in Turkey.

Two courts in Bulgaria had denied the extradition request on grounds Buyuk could face political persecution in but the government in Sofia expelled him last week citing his failure to leave Bulgaria within the time frame specified in his residence permit.

The expulsion of Abdullah Buyuk contravenes the constitution as well as Bulgarian and international laws, Bulgaria’s National Ombudsman Maya Manolova has said.

Prime Minister Boyko Borisov has denied any direct link between the expulsion of Buyuk and the government’s efforts to avoid an increased migrant inflow into Bulgaria from Turkey.

Source: Novinite , August 16, 2016


Related News

Fuat Avni claims Gülen-inspired schools to be closed due to fabricated auditing standards

A government whistleblower who tweets under the pseudonym Fuat Avni has claimed a new wave of police raids will be conducted on private and prep schools intended to shut them down temporarily or permanently based on fabricated auditing standards before the Nov. 1 snap election.

German intelligence did not warn against Hizmet Movement

The BfV, which is in charge of domestic intelligence in Germany, acknowledged that it analyzed certain articles by Islamic scholar Fethullah Gülen. According to the BfV, this analysis was based on their legal prerogative to check the compatibility of certain documents with the free and democratic constitutional order.

Government drags military into politics

There are now serious question marks over whether the government orchestrated the operations at TİB to libel Hizmet for wiretapping with the aim of diverting attention from the separate spying case under way in Ankara and saving those uniformed men from facing judicial scrutiny over charges of spying.

Saylorsburg cleric sends statement to Muslim-Catholic conference

A press release prepared by the Alliance for Shared Values says Saylorsburg resident Fethullah Gulen, the prominent Muslim cleric, has urged people of all faiths to come together to address global conflict at the first-ever US Muslim-Catholic Dialogue Conference, which seeks to promote interfaith dialogue and mutual respect worldwide.

Witch-hunts in Europe

Hate-filled language, such as “dirty water mixed with the milk,” “we will enter their dens” and “hashashin,” all uttered by the prime minister as part of his hate speech against the Gülen movement, was also a method employed during the witch-hunts in medieval Europe.

Turkish PM Erdoğan’s chain of mistakes

“There are roads which must not be followed, armies which must be not be attacked, towns which must not be besieged, and positions which must not be contested.” Erdoğan’s most serious problem is this. Based on the fact that he has come out successful in every crisis he has encountered, he always uses the same strategy to overcome difficulties. I call this the “curse of winning every battle.”

Latest News

Sacramento leaders gather for Iftar dinner in celebration of Ramadan

SEO Skill Suite: Tools for Keyword Research, Technical & Backlink Analysis

Turkish inmate jailed over alleged Gülen links dies of heart attack in prison

Message of Condemnation and Condolences for Mass Shooting at Bondi Beach, Sydney

Media executive Hidayet Karaca marks 11th year in prison over alleged links to Gülen movement

ECtHR faults Turkey for convictions of 2,420 applicants over Gülen links in follow-up to 2023 judgment

New Book Exposes Erdoğan’s “Civil Death Project” Targeting the Hizmet Movement

European Human Rights Treaty Faces Legal And Political Tests

ECtHR rejects Turkey’s appeal, clearing path for retrials in Gülen-linked cases

In Case You Missed It

Advisor’s claim has potential to accelerate AK Party’s downfall

Law firms press charges against Gülen in favor of al-Qaeda-linked group

Turkey’s ‘black box’ must be opened

Deputy speaker of Kenya Parliament: “I Gave Out Fethullah Gülen’s books to Congressmen”

Fethullah Gulen ‘very confident’ Turkey extradition from US will fail

Turkish Food Festival seeks to teach Greenville about Turkey’s culture and cuisine

The message at the dialogue dinner: There’s no alternative to one Nigeria

Copyright 2026 Hizmet News