Gülen condemns Paris shootings, says all forms of terror deplorable

Fethullah Gülen (Photo: Today's Zaman, Selahattin Sevi)
Fethullah Gülen (Photo: Today's Zaman, Selahattin Sevi)


Date posted: January 16, 2015

Turkish Islamic scholar Fethullah Gülen has strongly condemned an attack on a French satirical magazine, Charlie Hebdo, and a series of shootings in Paris suburbs last week that left 17 dead, extending condolences to the families of the victims.

Gülen, who has been a clear voice in rejecting violence and terrorism, said in a statement on Wednesday that these revolting acts of terrorism are deplorable and that they serve no purpose but to bring about “destruction, sorrow and grief.”

“I reiterate my condemnation of all forms of terror regardless of its perpetrators or their stated purposes,” said the statement, published on behalf of Gülen by the New York-based Alliance for Shared Values.

The Islamic scholar said he shares his deep condolences with the victims’ families, loved ones and the people of France.

Gülen also extended his condolences to the victims of other recent terrorist attacks, including those in Turkey, Nigeria, Yemen, Pakistan, Iraq, Syria and Lebanon. He urged world leaders to show sensitivity for lives lost in unspeakable tragedies, no matter where they occur.

Source: Today's Zaman , January 14, 2015


Related News

Turkish FM calls on Gülen Movement for dialogue to find way out political crisis

Delivering constructive messages to move away from political crisis over the graft probe, Foreign Minister Ahmet Davutoğlu has invited the Fetullah Gülen movement to engage in “dialogue and a strategic look toward the horizon.”

Smear campaign against Gülen fails after new details emerge on eavesdropping

The defamation campaign against the Gülen or Hizmet movement, which the Turkish president and his political Islamist Justice and Development Party (AK Party) government accuse of illegally wiretapping government officials, collapsed after it became clear that foreign security and intelligence agencies were involved in eavesdropping on senior Turkish officials.

Sarıgül’s first election promise: to protect İstanbul’s historic skyline

When asked to address claims that he is supported by the Hizmet movement led by Islamic scholar Fethullah Gülen, Sarıgül said he is at peace with all segments of society and that he would be grateful for the support of anyone who gives it.

International Women’s Day Message from Fethullah Gülen

No society can truly move forward if women, who make half of its population, are limited in their freedoms, rights, and opportunities. The way women are treated and the rights given to them are signs of where that society stands in terms of universal human values.

Gülen has been awarded an honorary doctorate by Leeds Metropolitan University

Turkish Muslim scholar, educator and peace activist, M. Fethullah Gülen, has been awarded an honorary doctorate by Leeds Metropolitan at the University’s Summer Graduation celebrations for his contribution to education, peace making and intercultural dialogue. Through his teachings and work, Fethullah Gülen has initiated and inspired a transnational civil society movement to invest in education […]

Ali Bulac: Gulen movement wants to participate in the globalization

Just like the Seljuks and the Ottomans emerged and spread to the Balkans and the Middle East, the Gulen movement repeats the same experience in a different form – by participating in globalization. Globalization shakes the nation-state, dissolves society. The Gulen movement, despite being part of globalization, also protects the individual from the resulting side effects.

Latest News

Sacramento leaders gather for Iftar dinner in celebration of Ramadan

SEO Skill Suite: Tools for Keyword Research, Technical & Backlink Analysis

Turkish inmate jailed over alleged Gülen links dies of heart attack in prison

Message of Condemnation and Condolences for Mass Shooting at Bondi Beach, Sydney

Media executive Hidayet Karaca marks 11th year in prison over alleged links to Gülen movement

ECtHR faults Turkey for convictions of 2,420 applicants over Gülen links in follow-up to 2023 judgment

New Book Exposes Erdoğan’s “Civil Death Project” Targeting the Hizmet Movement

European Human Rights Treaty Faces Legal And Political Tests

ECtHR rejects Turkey’s appeal, clearing path for retrials in Gülen-linked cases

In Case You Missed It

Can Washington Ever Welcome a Nonviolent Muslim?

Turkish community leader in Hampshire condemns Russian ambassador’s assassination

Erdoğan and AK Party deputies split over hate speech against Hizmet

Students from 135 countries to join Turkish Olympiads this year

Child victims to be affected by smear campaign against KYM

Abduction of Kacmaz Family – The dark side

Turkish charity delivers sacrificial meat to 30,000 families in Philippines

Copyright 2026 Hizmet News