Fethullah Gülen’s Message of Condolences and Condemnation of the Terrorist Attack in Istanbul


Date posted: December 17, 2016

I condemn, in the strongest terms, the cruel terrorist attack carried out beside the Istanbul Beşiktaş Football Stadium that cost the lives of 44 of Turkish citizens, the majority of whom are members of the security forces.

I pray for mercy and forgiveness for those who lost their lives during the nefarious terrorist attack, especially the martyred police officers. I extend my condolences to their families and relatives and to people of Turkey. I pray for the quick recovery of the wounded.

Regardless of the perpetrators or their stated purposes, I once more condemn all forms of terrorism. The expectation of all citizens is that the perpetrators of this nefarious attack are caught and brought to trial as soon as possible and that all measures are taken to ensure that those who aim to set our people against each other are not given the opportunity.

It is devastating that terrorist groups carry out these menacing attacks while members of the security forces and judiciary who devote their careers and lives to combat terrorism are incarcerated for political reasons.

I pray that God the Merciful bring to our blessed country and to the entire world an atmosphere of peace and tranquility as soon as possible.

– Fethullah Gülen

Source: Alliance for Shared Values , December 12, 2016


Related News

Turkey: Babies behind bars

Huseyin Sahnaz is seriously worried about his wife and infant child. After all, prisons are not exactly family-friendly institutions. Both have to share a cell with 30 other inmates. And temperatures during this time of year tend to reach 30 degrees Celsius (around 90 Fahrenheit) or higher.

Becoming a Dialogue Movement: What Can Dialogue Learn from Other Movements?

Frances Sleap Tue, 01 May 2012 Local intercultural dialogue efforts may have a real impact on the quality of the relationships of those involved. But how can dialogue have a larger-scale, more pervasive effect on our society? In a 2010 Dialogue Society discussion, Revd Donald Reeves suggested that dialogue needs to become a movement. Dr […]

Yamanlar and Fatih High Schools’ success at International Science Olympiads

Yamanlar and Fatih Science High Schools won medals at the international physics, chemistry, biology and computer this summer as well. Sebahattin Kasap, CEO of Yamanlar Education Institutions, said; “207 out of 391 medals won so far at the international Olympiads by Turkish student won by Yamanlar Science High School students. We are happy to represent Turkey successfully”.

Operation and crossroads: Hizmet movement falsely accused

The delicate position in which the government now finds itself is real, but it is also a fact that the Hizmet movement is being falsely accused.
Those who support the Justice and Development Party (AK Party) and are affiliated with the Hizmet movement do not deserve such an outcome.

SP’s Kamalak says MGK, not Hizmet movement, should discuss Kurdish issue

Felicity Party (SP) leader Mustafa Kamalak, commenting on a proclamation made by the National Security Council (MGK) on Wednesday, has said that instead of labeling the Hizmet movement as a “threat to national security,” the MGK should consider the government’s Kurdish policy which is leading to a “division of the country.”

Anonymous witnesses fail to identify suspects they earlier tipped off as Gulenist

An anonymous witness in Denizli failed to identify any of the 145 suspects, earlier accused of being followers of the Gulen movement, during a court hearing on Oct. 30. The judge in charge loudly read the names, however Aslan did not remember any of them. The judge asked: “Did you tip off about some names during your statement to the prosecutor, is that right?”

Latest News

Sacramento leaders gather for Iftar dinner in celebration of Ramadan

SEO Skill Suite: Tools for Keyword Research, Technical & Backlink Analysis

Turkish inmate jailed over alleged Gülen links dies of heart attack in prison

Message of Condemnation and Condolences for Mass Shooting at Bondi Beach, Sydney

Media executive Hidayet Karaca marks 11th year in prison over alleged links to Gülen movement

ECtHR faults Turkey for convictions of 2,420 applicants over Gülen links in follow-up to 2023 judgment

New Book Exposes Erdoğan’s “Civil Death Project” Targeting the Hizmet Movement

European Human Rights Treaty Faces Legal And Political Tests

ECtHR rejects Turkey’s appeal, clearing path for retrials in Gülen-linked cases

In Case You Missed It

Turkish Biggest NGO [ Kimse Yok Mu] Chief Discloses Plans to Extend to Gambia

The ‘other’ interview

US avoids commenting on Gülen’s extradition

This is too much! [About the Lies and Slanders directed to Gulen movement]

American academic: Hizmet Movement serves for entire humanity

Defamation – Turkey’s Justice Minister: Gülen Followers Take Christian Names To Infiltrate Western States

Cameroonian Governor Thanked Turkish Nation for the Turkish Schools

Copyright 2026 Hizmet News