Fethullah Gulen’s Condemnation and Condolences Message on Istanbul Terrorist Attack


Date posted: January 13, 2016

The cruelty of terrorism that we have witnessed numerous times before showed its ugly face again in Istanbul on January 12th. I strongly condemn this brutal terrorist attack that targeted tourists visiting Turkey.

Just like the terrorist attacks that claimed the lives of hundreds of innocent people in Mali, Beirut, Paris, and Baghdad recently, History will record this attack as  another stab at the heart of our common humanity.

I extend my deepest condolences to the loved ones of the victims, especially to German and Peruvian people, and pray for patience for them, and for the fast recovery of the wounded.

On this sad occasion I remind world Muslims to condemn all acts of terror unconditionally, especially the murders that are committed under a false banner of religion. I ask God the most Merciful to deliver humanity to days where peace and tranquility reign around the globe. It should never be forgotten that, as the noble Qur’an (5:32) teaches us  “Whoever kills an innocent person…it is as though he has killed all humankind. And whoever saves a life, it is as though he had saved all humankind.”

About Fethullah Gulen

Fethullah Gulen is an Islamic scholar, preacher and social advocate, whose decades‐long commitment to interfaith tolerance and altruism has inspired millions in Turkey and around the world. Gulen is the honorary chairman of the Foundation of Journalists and Writers, Istanbul, Turkey.

About Alliance for Shared Values

Alliance for Shared Values is a non‐profit that serves as a voice for dialogue organizations founded by the participants of the Hizmet civil society movement in the U.S. (also known as Gulen movement). The Alliance serves as a central source of information on Fethullah Gulen and Hizmet. For more information, please visit www.afsv.org.

Source: About Alliance for Shared Values , January 13, 2016


Related News

İstanbul Transportation Authority cancels bus line to Fatih University

Amid growing examples of discrimination against the Hizmet movement, the İstanbul Transportation Authority (İETT) canceled one bus line to Fatih University, which is considered to be affiliated with the Hizmet movement. An official from İETT, İsmihan Şimşek talked to Today’s Zaman and admitted that the 76F bus line had been canceled, but dismissed the idea that the decision deliberately targeted Fatih University. According to her, following analysis of demand for bus services in the region, the 76F bus line was discontinued while two other lines, HT18 and 418, continue to run with stops at Fatih University.

Koza gold firm starts up company in UK

The gold company, whose owner Akın İpek is known to have close ties with Islamic scholar Fethullah Gülen’s Hizmet (Service) movement, has been hit by the suspension of several of its mining fields.

Tears and sadness as Turkish people pack up to leave Pakistan

“I know I can’t do anything to persuade the federal government to take back its decision of expelling the Turkish teachers and their families from the country,” a senior Pakistani teacher told PTI. “I must say last Friday was the saddest day in our campus in Lahore as all Turkish students were literally crying,” she said.

Explained the secret: Gulen gave it as a gift

“I always wear two watches on my both wrists. One of them is my watch and the other one is Gulen’s gift. When someone asks me about these watches I tell them that my watch shows Turkey’s time.”

Turkey Concedes: No Evidence Linking Gulen to Coup Sent to Washington

Turkey is conceding it has not sent any evidence to Washington linking Fethullah Gulen to the failed July 15 coup attempt, despite increasingly angry calls by Ankara for the United States to extradite the Pennsylvania-based cleric or suffer a severe downgrade in diplomatic relations.

Lawyer Karahan: Hate crimes against Hizmet can be prosecuted at ECtHR, ICC

The Savings Deposit Insurance Fund (TMSF) has taken over management control of some of the privileged shares of Bank Asya as part of a government-operated crackdown on institutions affiliated with the Gülen movement, also known as Hizmet, and shareholders will be filing a lawsuit against the action, but this week’s guest for Monday Talk has said it is likely that the case will end up at the European Court of Human Rights and even at the International Criminal Court.

Latest News

Sacramento leaders gather for Iftar dinner in celebration of Ramadan

SEO Skill Suite: Tools for Keyword Research, Technical & Backlink Analysis

Turkish inmate jailed over alleged Gülen links dies of heart attack in prison

Message of Condemnation and Condolences for Mass Shooting at Bondi Beach, Sydney

Media executive Hidayet Karaca marks 11th year in prison over alleged links to Gülen movement

ECtHR faults Turkey for convictions of 2,420 applicants over Gülen links in follow-up to 2023 judgment

New Book Exposes Erdoğan’s “Civil Death Project” Targeting the Hizmet Movement

European Human Rights Treaty Faces Legal And Political Tests

ECtHR rejects Turkey’s appeal, clearing path for retrials in Gülen-linked cases

In Case You Missed It

Fethullah Gülen: ‘I Call For An International Investigation Into The Failed Putsch In Turkey’

Yet another woman faces detention at hospital immediately after giving birth

Gülen movement discussed at EP in light of recent political developments in Turkey

PakTurk schools organise Pakistan’s largest mathematics Olympiad

Gülen: Democracy dealt yet another blow in Egypt

Ex-employee files complaint against TİB head over purge

40-day-old baby, mother under police custody for 4 days: opposition deputy

Copyright 2026 Hizmet News