Burc Schools achieve 13 medals in AMC 8


Date posted: January 30, 2014

ADANA

Adana Burc Schools’ students won 5 gold, 4 silver and 4 bronze medals in 60th Annual International AMC 8 contest, jointly held by Mathematical Association of America (MAA) and University of Nebraska.

350 thousand students, in total, from 6000 schools around the world participated in this year’s AMC 8, recognized as the world’s most prestigious math contest involving middle schoolers. Among the participating Turkish schools, Adana Burc Schools’ students achieved a notable success by winning 13 medals. Turkey, South Korea, China, US, Canada, Russia and Taiwan constitute the award winning countries in the event.

“AMC 8 held by Mathematical Association of America in 86 countries is participated by the most prestigious schools around the world. We feel the proper pride of representing Turkey at an international contest of this extent. I would like to congratulate our teachers, students and parents for their remarkable achievement. We are competing with the world on behalf of our beloved city Adana and Turkey.” the schools’ general manager, Sultan Sozeri, said.

Likewise, the schools’ olympiad coordinator, Emrah Turkmen, conveyed his feelings: “I feel happy to be with students who will represent our country in the best way they can do in the future. At the heart of this achievement lie their dreams.”

Published [in Turkish] on Zaman, 10 January 2014, Friday

Source: Hizmetmovement Blogspot , January 30, 2014


Related News

Turkish Prisons Are Filled With Professors — Like My Father

A Turkish professor who was my father’s colleague and frequently visited our house is now incapable of counting right amount of money to pay for a bottle of water at a prison canteen. He is traumatized as a result of days of harsh treatment during the interrogation. He is sharing a prison cell with my father, longtime friends, in western Turkey.

Turkish PM: State of emergency will continue until Gülen movement completely wiped out

Turkish Prime Minister Binali Yıldırım said in Ankara on Thursday that the state of emergency which was declared following a failed coup attempt in July of last year will continue until the faith-based Gülen movement, which the government accuses of being behind the coup attempt, is completely wiped out from state institutions.

Is it struggle between AK Party and Hizmet?

A prosecutor, Mr. Sadrettin Sarikaya, recently invited head of Turkish Intelligence Agency (MIT) for testimony that caused political controversy. Many journalists and politicians claimed that behind this was Fethullah Gulen. Mr Sarikaya’s accusation was that some intelligence agents that infiltrated the Kurdish terrorist group to provide intelligence were actually not performing their job, and moreover […]

Turkish schools in Romania awarded with certificate of excellence

Turkish schools which have been operating in Romania for 20 years, were awarded with a certificate of excellence by Romanian Education Minister Remus Pricopie. A reception was held at Bucharest Crowne Plaza on Wednesday evening on the occasion of the 20th anniversary of the schools, established by Lumina Education Institute.

Why the West ‘failed to understand’ Turkey

Erdoğan has exploited the presence of Gülen-inspired people in the state bureaucracy as a tool to silence all opposition and grasp yet more power. If the Gülen movement did not exist, the president would have needed to create another “enemy of the state” to fight against in order to reach his ultimate aim.

Closing down prep schools and calling it ‘transformation’

BÜŞRA ERDAL, İSTANBUL Describing the government’s plan to close down the prep schools as a “transformation” is nothing more than saying, “I’m not going to say ‘close down prep schools,’ but I’m going to close them down.” The draft law in question will affect millions of students and their parents, but the debate on prep […]

Latest News

Sacramento leaders gather for Iftar dinner in celebration of Ramadan

SEO Skill Suite: Tools for Keyword Research, Technical & Backlink Analysis

Turkish inmate jailed over alleged Gülen links dies of heart attack in prison

Message of Condemnation and Condolences for Mass Shooting at Bondi Beach, Sydney

Media executive Hidayet Karaca marks 11th year in prison over alleged links to Gülen movement

ECtHR faults Turkey for convictions of 2,420 applicants over Gülen links in follow-up to 2023 judgment

New Book Exposes Erdoğan’s “Civil Death Project” Targeting the Hizmet Movement

European Human Rights Treaty Faces Legal And Political Tests

ECtHR rejects Turkey’s appeal, clearing path for retrials in Gülen-linked cases

In Case You Missed It

Opposing the majority

Pak-Turk Parents Association calls for immediate recovery of ex-principal, his family

Another Victim of Erdogan’s Wrath

Afghans laud honorable Fethullah Gulen

Governor’s office leads raid against Gülen inspired school based on annulled law

119 people in Turkey died due to crackdown on Gülen movement in 2019 (430 people died since 2016)

Jailed Zaman editor says we are journalists, not terrorists

Copyright 2026 Hizmet News