Avni: New plot under way to blame Gülen movement for PKK attacks

A screenshot taken from whistleblower fuatavni’s Twitter account. (Photo: Today's Zaman)
A screenshot taken from whistleblower fuatavni’s Twitter account. (Photo: Today's Zaman)


Date posted: August 15, 2015

A whistleblower who tweets under the pseudonym Fuat Avni has claimed that President Recep Tayyip Erdoğan and his accomplices have devised a new plot against the faith-based Gülen movement, also known as the Hizmet movement, in which they will place blame for the recent increasing violence across Turkey on the movement.

In successive tweets posted on Thursday, Avni claimed Erdoğan and his bureaucrats are planning to make the Gülen movement, inspired by Turkish Islamic scholar Fethullah Gülen, a scapegoat for the recent fatal attacks by the terrorist Kurdistan Workers’ Party (PKK), adding that a new plot has been put in place via pro-government media outlets that would depict the movement as having pushed the terrorist organization to restart its attacks against Turkish security forces.

The whistleblower said the pro-government media will report that those police officers close to the movement will leak intelligence to PKK terrorists to prevent planned military operations from being conducted against the PKK.

Noting that experienced intelligence and terrorism police experts who had conducted an effective fight against the PKK in the Southeast were reassigned by former Interior Minister Efkan Ala, Fuat Avni said the chief of the National Police Department’s intelligence unit, Engin Dinç, had prevented operations from being conducted against the PKK and radical terrorists the Islamic State in Iraq and the Levant (ISIL). Avni also said the PKK took the advantage of the security gap in the region and stockpiled guns, rockets and bombs in the the eastern and southeastern regions.

Saying the plot against the Gülen movement will be conducted by a group led by Dinç, Avni said as part of the plot the websites of individuals and companies inspired by the movement will be hacked and the group will send orders from those websites to individuals from the PKK. By doing so, the whistleblower says Erdoğan and his clique want to create the perception that the movement was the one that triggered the recent PKK attacks.

Avni also said a hacker named Alper Yılmaz had been brought in from the US to hack the websites of those individuals and companies close to the movement.

Claiming that there is another plot under way against the pro-Kurdish Peoples’ Democratic Party (HDP) in which Erdoğan and his cronies want to push the party below the 10 percent electoral threshold by instigating PKK sympathizers to take to the streets, Avni added that the recent PKK attacks are expected to make the HDP lose the support of many voters in the event of a snap election.

The Justice and Development Party (AK Party), one of whose founders is Erdoğan, lost its parliamentary majority for the first time since 2002 after the HDP passed the 10 percent electoral threshold in the June 7 general election.

Avni also said Erdoğan and his accomplices are trying to set the stage for a nationwide state of emergency, further claiming those PKK members close to the National Intelligence Organization (MİT) are behind the recent fatal PKK attacks.

The whistleblower also claimed Dinç had deliberately ignored intelligence and did not take any security measures to prevent successive attacks that targeted HDP rallies and buildings before the June 7 election and the suicide bomb attack in Suruç on July 20. A total of 33 activists were killed and 100 were injured in the Suruç bombing in Şanlıurfa province.

Since the Suruç bombing, there has been a surge in violent confrontations between the government and the PKK in southeastern Turkey. Two police officers were killed by PKK members in Ceylanpınar on July 22 in retaliation for the Suruç attack. The PKK then carried out further attacks on members of the military and the police. PKK terrorists have killed more than 30 members of the Turkish security forces in the last three weeks.

Source: Today's Zaman , August 13, 2015


Related News

Parents seek TL 40,000 in damages for violation of students’ educational rights

Parents İsmail and Seval Topçuoğlu are seeking TL 40,000 in damages from the Education Ministry for violating students’ educational rights by adopting a new regulation about dershanes (prep schools), claiming it aims to bypass a top court’s ruling to annul a controversial law to close down the schools.

Education [for Kurds] in mother tongue

The Wise People Commission has prepared a report on its two months of work and submitted it to Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdoğan. What does Turkey — east and west — think about the settlement? What are the basic expectations and demands? How will concerns that the country could be partitioned be eliminated? Will Turkey […]

İstanbul municipality tears down part of school in midnight operation

The İstanbul Metropolitan Municipality sent teams in the early hours of Tuesday morning to the private Fatih College in the Merter neighborhood to demolish the wall of the school as well as a security cabin in the school’s courtyard.

Opposition CHP to take Gül-approved dershane law to Constitutional Court

The main opposition Republican People’s Party (CHP) is preparing to take a controversial law closing Turkey’s dershanes, or private preparatory schools, to the Constitutional Court, the party said a day after President Abdullah Gül signed the bill into law on Wednesday.

Woman Detained At Hospital, Jailed With 3-Day-Old Baby In Turkey Over Alleged Gülen Links

Aysun Aydemir, an English teacher who gave birth to a baby in an elective caesarean procedure, was detained at the hospital and subsequently arrested by a court and put in pretrial detention with a 3-day-old baby in Zonguldak province as part of a witch-hunt targeting the Gülen movement.

Warning of another Feb. 28 on the eve of an MGK meeting

National Security Council (MGK) will convene. Turkey is going through a grave security crisis due to the situation in Syria and Iraq, and the escalation of domestic terror. The road map, the peshmerga corridor, martyred security forces…

Latest News

Sacramento leaders gather for Iftar dinner in celebration of Ramadan

SEO Skill Suite: Tools for Keyword Research, Technical & Backlink Analysis

Turkish inmate jailed over alleged Gülen links dies of heart attack in prison

Message of Condemnation and Condolences for Mass Shooting at Bondi Beach, Sydney

Media executive Hidayet Karaca marks 11th year in prison over alleged links to Gülen movement

ECtHR faults Turkey for convictions of 2,420 applicants over Gülen links in follow-up to 2023 judgment

New Book Exposes Erdoğan’s “Civil Death Project” Targeting the Hizmet Movement

European Human Rights Treaty Faces Legal And Political Tests

ECtHR rejects Turkey’s appeal, clearing path for retrials in Gülen-linked cases

In Case You Missed It

Turkish school staff among 230 more evacuated from Yemen

Despite blocking accounts, Kimse Yok Mu able to collect donations

Turkish charities ready to deliver aid during Eid al-Adha

It’s clear that deportation of three Turks is to please Turkey’s president

Mysteries, and a Crackdown, Persist a Year After a Failed Coup in Turkey

Turkish charities in Somalia for long haul

Hizmet keeps school and cultural center in São Paulo

Copyright 2026 Hizmet News