Australian Relief Organization completes orphanage refurbishment project in Malawi


Date posted: May 24, 2017

Australian Relief Org‏anization is delighted to share that our organisation has completed a major orphanage refurbishment project Malawi. Undertaken project will help significantly improve the living conditions of 140 orphans residing in a 23 building complex at Lilongwe. While Australian Relief Organisation provided the necessary funding to purchase furniture, equipment and fixings for the complex, our local partner in Malawi; Bedir Education and Medical Foundation Trust has carried out the installation of the project.

During the inauguration ceremony, Minister of Home Affairs of Malawi; Hon Dr Jean Kalilani, as well as Permanent Secretary of State; Dr Mary Shawa were present at the Orphanage along with reps from our partner Bedir Trust.

Our special thanks goes to Amity College Boys High School, as they raised 69% of required funds for the initiative. In addition to Amity College, we also extend our appreciation to 42 other donors for their support towards this meaningful project. Collectively, their idealism and generosity improved the living conditions of the youth living in the complex.

As our partner, Bedir Trust and its self sacrificing administrators also deserve full credit for carrying out this crucial humanitarian project. Previously, orphanage buildings were in a run-down condition. After the fundraising; bunk beds, mattresses, bed sheets and pillows for 140 orphans were purchased.

Providing children access to basic needs; toilets and bathrooms have gone through renovation while water supply and solar panels were also installed at the complex. Other works and purchases include; fixing of floors and ceilings, fixing of walls and paint, establishment of an outside living area, electrical work, wiring and general carpentry for timberwork.

A student delegation from Amity College headed by their Year 12 Maths teacher Azmi Alkan, also visited Malawi to experience the social impact of the project. They also assisted the construction work during their visit.

It was all smiles when guests socialised with children. We look forward to your continued support for our future charitable programs.

Source: ARO Facebook Page


Related News

ARO has completed its first ‘Female Homeless Shelter Project’

Australian Relief Organisation (ARO) has announced that its first ‘Female Homeless Shelter Project’ has been funded and required works for the shelter is now completed.

Standing by the Education Rights of Schoolgirls

Influential Muslim preacher Fethullah Gulen, who is considered by TIME magazine as “the most potent advocate of moderation in the Muslim world,” has strongly condemned the kidnappings in Nigeria as well as other such violent acts. In an interview he said that denying girls access to education simply goes against the spirit of the Muslim religious tradition and that women should be able to take on every role in our society, including those of physicians, military officers, judges and head of state.

Why Kimse Yok Mu probe may affect education in Nigeria

To some, the name Kimse Yok Mu might not ring a bell in Nige­ria, but to those that follow this secular charity organisation, especially its scholarship programme in Ni­geria that has made it possi­ble for many underprivileged persons to go to school, the NGO may simply be the best thing to happen in Nigeria’s education sector.

African Professor lauds ‘Kimse Yok Mu’ as model relief organization

University of South Africa Professor Yousuf Dadoo has congratulated Kimse Yok Mu, one of the largest charity organizations in Turkey, for making its work a model for all charitable groups. He said that during a recent visit to Turkey he had been privileged to spend some time with members of Kimse Yok Mu, a relief organization connected to the faith-based Hizmet movement.

Fresh political raids targets leading Turkish NGO Kimse Yok Mu

Police teams from the Anti-Smuggling and Organized Crime division stormed the office of UN member NGO Kimse Yok Mu’s branch in Turkey’s northwestern province of Kocaeli on Wednesday in the latest political raid to sweep the country.

A Prayer for the victims of Turkey from Nigeria

God in heaven, I pray for the hundreds of thousands of Kurds, Alevis, Hizmet movement participants and minority Christians languishing in Turkish prisons for no justifiable reason.

Latest News

Sacramento leaders gather for Iftar dinner in celebration of Ramadan

SEO Skill Suite: Tools for Keyword Research, Technical & Backlink Analysis

Turkish inmate jailed over alleged Gülen links dies of heart attack in prison

Message of Condemnation and Condolences for Mass Shooting at Bondi Beach, Sydney

Media executive Hidayet Karaca marks 11th year in prison over alleged links to Gülen movement

ECtHR faults Turkey for convictions of 2,420 applicants over Gülen links in follow-up to 2023 judgment

New Book Exposes Erdoğan’s “Civil Death Project” Targeting the Hizmet Movement

European Human Rights Treaty Faces Legal And Political Tests

ECtHR rejects Turkey’s appeal, clearing path for retrials in Gülen-linked cases

In Case You Missed It

Ongoing political raids against schools and businesses are unconstitutional

Government as a black propaganda machine

Pakistan – Turkish teachers, students not to be deported, court told

Defamation campaign against Gülen draws heavy criticism

Erdoğan: both asset and liability for AKP

Purge-victim mother of three dies of heart attack

Erdoğan’s fight against education in Africa

Copyright 2026 Hizmet News