Yemeni authorities praise Turkish schools for persevering during hard times


Date posted: March 5, 2015

FARUK EKİCİ / SANAA

Yemen’s Education Ministry and scores of high-ranking officials and academics have expressed gratitude for Turkish educators and schools that have continued to offer educational services during difficult times in Yemen.

Turkish schools in Yemen, many of which were established 17 years ago, have continued to operate despite persistent and troubling political developments and instability that have plagued the country.

Parents of students studying at Turkish schools have expressed their gratitude to the administrators and educators who did not leave Yemen during difficult times and instead opted to stay in order to contribute to the development of the country with educational services.

Abdulhamid al-Hamdani, the rector of Future University and a parent of a student in a Turkish school, said: “We have come here to extend our gratitude for the courage [of the educators and administrators] … in our country. It is an indicator of courage on the part of Turkish schools to stay and work in the country given the conditions that led even the Turkish diplomatic mission to leave the country.”

Yemeni Education Ministry Deputy Secretary Abdo Ahmet en-Nuzeyli has also expressed his gratitude for the services of Turkish schools, adding that the quality of education at the schools is much higher than that of other private schools in the country.

“The Turkish embassy wanted the schools’ administrators and educators to leave the country because of the security issues. But the Turkish schools continued their educational services, taking on a huge responsibility. We are supporting their commitment. I am addressing these courageous Turks. They are Yemenis and Yemen is their country. … We hope nothing bad happens to them,” an-Nuzeyli said.

Source: Today's Zaman , March 04, 2015


Related News

Bosnian Court Lifts Movement Restrictions on Turkish Citizen

A court in Bosnia and Herzegovina has terminated restrictions on the movement of Turkish citizen Fatih Keskin, previously imposed by the Service for Foreigners’ Affairs following his arrest and subsequent release in December last year, the court told.

In Indonesia Turkish schools will not be closed

State Secretary Pramono Anung acknowledged Ankara’s statement on the affiliation of schools in Indonesia with the coup masterminds, but also said there was never any formal request from Turkey to shut down the school. Pramono indicated the government’s concern about Turkey interfering in domestic affairs.

Turkey’s Global Anti-Gülen Crusade Puts Tbilisi in Diplomatic Bind

Mustafa Emre Çabuk is out of prison but not out of trouble. The Turkish national, who for the past 15 years ran a Gülen school in the Georgian capital, Tblisi, is the latest international educator caught up in Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan’s anti-Gülenist campaign.

Fears for Gulen-inspired Turkish schools in Pakistan grow

Maarif, the foundation that Pak-Turk schools to be transferred to, was set up by Turkish parliament and is an education foundation based on divisive political ideology and racism. It is founded by the Justice and Development Party (AKP) of Turkey to consign AKP’s partisan mentality and political ideology to Islamic and developing countries.

Turkish schools in Africa important for strong relations

The first-ever Rwandan ambassador to Turkey, Lt. Gen. Caesar Kayizari, has said that Turkish schools in Africa play an important role in strengthening relations between African nations and Turkey, adding that Turkey has a lot to offer Rwanda in terms of education. In the field of education, Turkish schools attract attention. In Rwanda’s capital, Kigali, Hope Kids Academy, an international Turkish school, was officially opened in February.

Human Rights Foundation asks Kosovo PM to free 6 Gulen followers

US-based Human Rights Foundation has asked, in an urgent letter, to free 6 Gulen followers, arrested facing deportation to Turkey at the Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan’s order.

Latest News

Sacramento leaders gather for Iftar dinner in celebration of Ramadan

SEO Skill Suite: Tools for Keyword Research, Technical & Backlink Analysis

Turkish inmate jailed over alleged Gülen links dies of heart attack in prison

Message of Condemnation and Condolences for Mass Shooting at Bondi Beach, Sydney

Media executive Hidayet Karaca marks 11th year in prison over alleged links to Gülen movement

ECtHR faults Turkey for convictions of 2,420 applicants over Gülen links in follow-up to 2023 judgment

New Book Exposes Erdoğan’s “Civil Death Project” Targeting the Hizmet Movement

European Human Rights Treaty Faces Legal And Political Tests

ECtHR rejects Turkey’s appeal, clearing path for retrials in Gülen-linked cases

In Case You Missed It

Social, legal sanctions needed in fight against domestic violence

UN Body Asks Immediate Release Of Arbitrarily Jailed Police Chief

I Weep For Turkey

British law firm hired by AK Party gov’t launches defamation campaign against Gülen movement

The turmoil in Turkey – The terror threat is real and is made worse by Erdogan’s paranoia

Turkish PM Erdoğan’s chain of mistakes

Unproven speculations and legitimate questions

Copyright 2026 Hizmet News