US, Gülen to trigger artificial earthquake(!) in İstanbul, Ankara mayor says


Date posted: September 12, 2016

Ankara’s mayor Melih Gökçek claimed in series of tweets from his personal account on Saturday that external powers, including the US, is planning to trigger a artificial eartquake in İstanbul along with FETO, an acronym of Fethullahist Terrorist Organization which Turkish government circles use to refer Gülen Movement, inspired by the views of US-based Turkish scholar Fethullah Gülen.

“I had said FETO and US expects an earthquake in İstanbul in August 14 similar to the Gölcük eartquake in 1999. I ruined their plan after revealing in TVs. But the propoganda continues. The plan was to trigger an earthquake in İstanbul to destroy Turkey’s economy as US promised to FETO,” Gökçek wrote.

Gökçek also showed a recent news of a nuclear test by North Korea in sea that triggered an earthquake in a magnitude of 5.3.

“What I’m saying is absolutely not imaginary. I say it by believing and with insistence… External powers are planning an artificial earthquake in İstanbul to collapse our economy… The world should know this… Here is the solid and fresh proof of what I’m saying: North Korea has done a nuclear test in the sea and an earthquake with a magnitude of 5.3 happened!” he tweeted.

He also called on government to cancel permissions for all seismic observation works by foreign ships in the Marmara Sea, including France, as their observations also suggested an İstanbul earthquake is expected soon in a magnitude of

Gökçek is known for his controversial remarks and battle of words with opposition party members and even people from his own party. In one of his tweets, he asserted that Fethullah Gülen had jinns, with which he controlled people.

President Tayyip Erdoğan and Justice and Development Party (AKP) government accuse Gülen of masterminding the failed coup on July 15 and being behind the corruption investigations in December 2013 which implicated AKP government ministers and people from the inner circles of Erdoğan. Gülen and symphatizers of the movement strongly deny the accusations.

Pro-government newspapers as well as top state officials claimed earlier that the US itself was also among the perpetrators of the coup.

Source: Turkish Minute , September 11, 2016


Related News

Amnesty: Civil society under massive crackdown in Turkey, Gülen movement main target

An annual report released by Amnesty International on Wednesday has said a failed coup attempt in July prompted a massive crackdown on civil society in Turkey and that the faith-based Gülen movement has been the main target.

3 detained Turkish educators and their families handed over to Turkey by Gabon

Three Turkish educators and their families who were arbitrarily detained in Libreville, the capital city of Gabon, were handed over to Turkish officials and taken to İstanbul on Sunday morning.

Turkey’s spying imams also active in Norway: monitoring group

Norwegian Islamist religious organizations that are affiliated with the Turkish government and its Religious Affairs Directorate (Diyanet) are reportedly involved in unlawful profiling activities of unsuspecting people of Turkish origin across Norway.

Renewing Islam by Service: A Christian View of Fethullah Gulen with Pim Valkenberg

Join us for a talk by Dr. Pim Valkenberg on his recent book “Renewing Islam by Service: A Christian View of Fethullah Gulen and the Hizmet Movement”. The talk will be moderated by Dr. Paul Heck.

Introducing the Gulen Movement: Prophet’s Path in the Twenty-first Century

Muzaffar K. Awan, M.D. The Prophet’s path being practiced and demonstrated by Hizmet global movement is certainly one of the best ways to minimize and eliminate ignorance through worldwide education, to narrowing the gap between the rich and poor again through education and charitable works. The wealth of the earth will have to be eventually […]

Main opposition deputy head slams gov’t for targeting Hizmet Movement

Republican People’s Party (CHP) Deputy Chairman Faruk Loğoğlu criticized government, which signaled Hizmet Movement should be included in “Red Book,” a national security document in which major threats against the nation are enumerated, on Thursday.

Latest News

Sacramento leaders gather for Iftar dinner in celebration of Ramadan

SEO Skill Suite: Tools for Keyword Research, Technical & Backlink Analysis

Turkish inmate jailed over alleged Gülen links dies of heart attack in prison

Message of Condemnation and Condolences for Mass Shooting at Bondi Beach, Sydney

Media executive Hidayet Karaca marks 11th year in prison over alleged links to Gülen movement

ECtHR faults Turkey for convictions of 2,420 applicants over Gülen links in follow-up to 2023 judgment

New Book Exposes Erdoğan’s “Civil Death Project” Targeting the Hizmet Movement

European Human Rights Treaty Faces Legal And Political Tests

ECtHR rejects Turkey’s appeal, clearing path for retrials in Gülen-linked cases

In Case You Missed It

Erdoğan’s plan to contain corruption scandal

Kimse Yok Mu, Turkish schools extend help for flood victims in Afghanistan

Social and Philosophical Aspects of Fethullah Gulen’s Teachings

Gülen calls for broadening freedoms, improvement in Kurdish rights

It is a great loss that Turkish Olympiads were not held in Turkey

CHP leader says Erdoğan’s UN speech only served to promote Gülen movement

Those who infiltrate the state

Copyright 2026 Hizmet News