Turkish charity calls for increased aid to Gaza

Turkish charity Kimse Yok Mu delivered aid to thousands of people in need in the Gaza Strip on Saturday. (Photo: Today's Zaman)
Turkish charity Kimse Yok Mu delivered aid to thousands of people in need in the Gaza Strip on Saturday. (Photo: Today's Zaman)


Date posted: July 20, 2014

Turkish charity Kimse Yok Mu (Is Anybody There) has launched an aid campaign for the people of the Gaza Strip and called for more humanitarian aid to the region, where 342 Palestinians have been killed during Israel’s massive attack on Gaza.

Since the start of the campaign, members of the foundation have distributed food, blankets, household goods and other items to the victims in Gaza. The foundation has decided to increase the amount of humanitarian aid to those affected by the Israeli military’s intensified air and ground attacks.

Yusuf Yıldırım, who is in charge of foreign aid at Kimse Yok Mu, said on Saturday that the humanitarian situation is getting worse in Gaza as the people of the region are struggling to survive Israel’s deadly attacks. Yıldırım called for an increase in aid for the people of Gaza, saying, “I ask that Turkish people to boost the amount of humanitarian aid for the Palestinians.”

Another representative of the charity, Dr. Nasar al-Said also said there has been a shortage of medical supplies and basic foodstuffs such as rice, sugar, bread and milk in Gaza, adding, “All aid from Turkey has a huge importance to the Palestinians.”

In an effort to heal the pain the children and women of Gaza are suffering, Kimse Yok Mu hosted an iftar for 13,000 people, delivered food to 2,000 families, delivered household goods to 200 families and sent blankets to 350 families. The foundation also drilled a water well in Gaza, where thousands of people are struggling with hunger and thirst, in addition to delivering milk to 1,000 children so far.

Kimse Yok Mu doctors also extended a helping hand to the 350 Gazans who were injured during attacks by the Israeli army by carrying out free surgeries and providing medical relief. The charity also launched a donation campaign to collect medical supplies for Gazans.

Kimse Yok Mu is also repairing houses that were damaged during the Israeli attacks on Gaza residents. The foundation has not forgotten about children, delivering 1,750 liters of milk along with 1,215 packages of diapers to families with children.

Regarding the worsening conditions in Gaza, Yıldırım drew attention to the dire living conditions in Gaza, which have made access to daily consumer goods very difficult, adding, “With our local branch in Jerusalem, we are working to distribute supplies and aid to the people of Gaza.”

Yıldırım also repeated his call on the Turkish people to raise the level of humanitarian aid to the people of Gaza.

Palestinians reported intensified air strikes and shelling as the death toll from Israel’s ground offensive rose to at least 384, including many civilians. Several Israelis — soldiers and civilians — have also been killed since the fighting began more than 10 days ago.

Hamas was elected to power in Gaza in 2007 but Israel refuses to recognize the government. Since then, Israel has staged a series of massive attacks. Major air and ground operations were first carried out in 2009 and 2012. The most recent attacks are ongoing.

Source: Today's Zaman , July 20, 2014


Related News

Gov’t ban on charity Kimse Yok Mu hits orphans

Thousands of orphans and needy people around the world whose lives depend on the aid they receive from charities such as Kimse Yok Mu (Is Anybody There?), the largest volunteer and global aid organization based in Turkey, are at risk of being affected by the Turkish government’s restrictions on the charitable association.

Wedding gifts will help build dorm and water wells in Tanzania

Ubeyd and Nurefşan Yeşil donated the gifts presented at their wedding to the Hizmet in Tanzania. Almost $40,000 value donation will be used in the construction of a college dormitory and water wells.

Kimse Yok Mu did not forget Bangladeshis in Eid al-Adha

Kimse Yok Mu Foundation remembered the needy Bangladeshi in this Eid al-Adha, like it has always done. Those in need received beef donations on the first day of the eid across the nation. Local officials in the city Chadpur, including the governor İsmail Hossain and chair of Dakka Chamber of Commerce, too joined the distributions in person, besides giving away their own donations.

UN praises Kimse Yok Mu for aid efforts in Somalia

Director of the United Nations Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs (OCHA) John Ging said in an interview on Thursday that Kimse Yok Mu and other Turkish NGOs’ aid efforts in Somalia should be praised.

NTIC’s growing support help 13000 underprivileged children

Throughout our 18 year history, NTIC (Nigerian Turkish International Colleges) demonstrated a continued hard work in providing educational opportunities to the less privileged students through NTIC Foundation.

Turkish Cultural Center Hosts Food Drive

The Humanitarian Aid group under the Turkish Cultural Center (TCC) held a meat drive on Monday, August 3rd for Eid al Adha (Feast of Sacrifice) at the Turkish Cultural Center on Revere Street.

Latest News

Sacramento leaders gather for Iftar dinner in celebration of Ramadan

SEO Skill Suite: Tools for Keyword Research, Technical & Backlink Analysis

Turkish inmate jailed over alleged Gülen links dies of heart attack in prison

Message of Condemnation and Condolences for Mass Shooting at Bondi Beach, Sydney

Media executive Hidayet Karaca marks 11th year in prison over alleged links to Gülen movement

ECtHR faults Turkey for convictions of 2,420 applicants over Gülen links in follow-up to 2023 judgment

New Book Exposes Erdoğan’s “Civil Death Project” Targeting the Hizmet Movement

European Human Rights Treaty Faces Legal And Political Tests

ECtHR rejects Turkey’s appeal, clearing path for retrials in Gülen-linked cases

In Case You Missed It

My opinion on the book ‘Imam’s Army’

Silencing Taraf daily

Gülen’s lawyer condemns Erdoğan’s accusations, TÜSİAD calls for sanity in country

Fethullah Gulen: I consider the coup attempt as a serious “terror coup”

‘Erdoğan has replaced 1980 coup generals’

They think we are terrorists, they think we are evil

Parents Reject Decision to Shut Down Gülen-inspired Schools in Morocco

Copyright 2026 Hizmet News