Prime Ministry approved Kimse Yok Mu, now accused of ‘terrorism’

The humanitarian aid group Kimse Yok Mu, now accused of being an armed terrorist organization, had been directed by the Prime Ministry’s Disaster and Emergency Management Authority (AFAD), casting doubt on such claims.
The humanitarian aid group Kimse Yok Mu, now accused of being an armed terrorist organization, had been directed by the Prime Ministry’s Disaster and Emergency Management Authority (AFAD), casting doubt on such claims.


Date posted: April 19, 2015

YUNUS TIRYAKI | ISTANBUL

Syrian Democratic Turkmen Movement (SDTH) President Abdülkerim Ağa said that it was the Prime Ministry’s AFAD officials who had directed Kimse Yok Mu to provide assistance to Syria’s native Turkmen population, and that the charges now being levelled against the organization saddened them, and were not to be taken seriously.

The charges of being an armed terrorist organization came to light recently when Ankara Chief Public Prosecutor Musa Yücel issued a subpoena to Kimse Yok Mu’s management, asking for information regarding the charity’s activities for Eid al-Adha, or the Feast of the Sacrifice. When Kimse Yok Mu’s lawyers went to the Ankara Courthouse to find out about the details of the organization, they discovered that the investigation included charges of being an “armed terrorist organization,” however were unable to examine the contents of the file due to court-ordered confidentiality of the case.

Ağa noted that they did not put stock in the charges against the organization, adding that it was the Turkish government itself that had directed Kimse Yok Mu to them. Pointing out that Kimse Yok Mu distributed food, items and other essentials at the border with Syria, “Initially it was AFAD that was providing aid for us, but later AFAD officials directed us to Kimse Yok Mu, saying they were providing aid as well.”

He added that as Syrian Turkmen, they have seen nothing but help from Kimse Yok Mu. “Those allegations of being a terrorist organization are both ugly and unbefitting. I don’t believe such allegations. Hopefully these days will come to an end,” Ağa said.

The political opposition also slammed the investigation, with main opposition Republican People’s Party (CHP) deputy İhsan Özkes saying it was a “completely ridiculous” allegation, saying “it’s clearly a politically motivated decision.” CHP deputy Akif Hamzaçebi added, “This is an investigation that bears no seriousness, consistency or a single shred of logic.” He added that Kimse Yok Mu is an organization that has been very beneficial to the public, its benefits having been certified by then-Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdoğan and the cabinet. “What we have here is an association that the AK Party administration has declared as being beneficial to the public, yet is having investigated for being an ‘armed terrorist organization’.”

Established in 2002, Kimse Yok Mu provides aid to 4.5 million people in 113 countries around the world. The charity was awarded the Turkish Parliament Outstanding Service Award in 2013, and is the only Turkish aid organization that holds special consultative status with the UN Economic and Social Council (ECOSOC). It also developed relief programs in partnership with the United Nations Human Rights Council (UNHRC) in 2013.

Source: BGNNews , April 19, 2015


Related News

Wife dies of heart attack on way to prison to visit husband in jail

A 29 year-old woman died of heart attack on Monday while on her way to visit her husband who has been imprisoned over links to Turkey’s Gülen movement. Since the coup attempt on July 15, Turkey has turned into a hub of people victimized by the purge carried out by the Turkish government.

Prominent figures gather together at GYV iftar dinner in Istanbul

Distinguished spiritual leaders in Turkey, politicians, artists, diplomats, businesspeople and journalists came together for an iftar at İstanbul’s Four Seasons Hotel on Thursday night for an event held by the Journalists and Writers Foundation (GYV).

JWF strongly condemns this terrorist attack on the Charlie Hebdo

Twelve people including two police officers were killed in a shooting at the Paris offices of the satirical weekly Charlie Hebdo on Wednesday, according to Reuters.

Despite blocking accounts, Kimse Yok Mu able to collect donations

Despite the latest step in a government crackdown on Turkey’s UN-affiliated aid organization, Kimse Yok Mu, in which two banks blocked the organization’s accounts, administrators for the charity have said they are still able to collect money through their other accounts.

Post-Kemalist Turkey and the Gülen Movement

The Gülen Movement was known for the cool-headed decisions it took at the risk of severe criticism during Turkey’s most difficult times. Today, it would be expected that the same movement will display a similar rationality in a changing Turkey.

A Permanent Kimse Yok Mu Mission to Be Launched in Jerusalem

Kimse Yok Mu is launching a permanent mission to Palestine. Palestinian Ambassador to Ankara Nebil Maruf visited Kimse Yok Mu and met with the president Unal Ozturk. At the meeting, Ozturk briefed on aid activities in Palestine in presence of the Consul General of Palestine Adbulkerim Alkhatib as well. He revealed that they are going to […]

Latest News

Sacramento leaders gather for Iftar dinner in celebration of Ramadan

SEO Skill Suite: Tools for Keyword Research, Technical & Backlink Analysis

Turkish inmate jailed over alleged Gülen links dies of heart attack in prison

Message of Condemnation and Condolences for Mass Shooting at Bondi Beach, Sydney

Media executive Hidayet Karaca marks 11th year in prison over alleged links to Gülen movement

ECtHR faults Turkey for convictions of 2,420 applicants over Gülen links in follow-up to 2023 judgment

New Book Exposes Erdoğan’s “Civil Death Project” Targeting the Hizmet Movement

European Human Rights Treaty Faces Legal And Political Tests

ECtHR rejects Turkey’s appeal, clearing path for retrials in Gülen-linked cases

In Case You Missed It

Kimse Yok Mu provides meal for 250 Syrians each day in southeastern Turkey

Graduation ceremony of Pak-Turk school held

At British Muslim Heritage Centre in Manchester

Turkey: A climate of fear; losers in the aftermath of the coup attempt

World’s oldest temple closed to visitors due to excavation team links with Gülen

Kimse Yok Mu and Tuna Foundation lifting up Romanian orphans’ spirit

The Mystery of Turkey’s Failed Coup

Copyright 2026 Hizmet News