Pakistan admits they secretly deported Turkish family wanted by Erdogan govt

Kacmaz, pictured with a former Pakistan prime minister, had applied for asylum, according to a colleague.
Kacmaz, pictured with a former Pakistan prime minister, had applied for asylum, according to a colleague.


Date posted: October 17, 2017

The Pakistan government on Tuesday admitted before the Lahore High Court that it had secretly deported a Turkish family wanted by the Erdogan government, in violation of the court’s order. Expressing its anger over the government’s deportation of Mesut Kacmaz, his wife and two teenage daughters despite its ruling not to do so, the Lahore High Court (LHC) issued a contempt of court notice to the federal government for October 20.

Mesut, the former vice president of Pak-Turk International Schools and Colleges, and his family were allegedly abducted by personnel of the intelligence agency from their house in Lahore’s Wapda Town on September 27.

On a petition to stop deportation of the Turkish family, the LHC had restrained the federal government from deporting Kacmaz and his family till a decision of the case. The attorney general had also undertaken before the court that the Turkish employees of Pak-Turk Schools would not be deported till November 24.

However, the Pakistan government secretly deported the family on October 14. A counsel for Turkish families here said the Turkish educationists have been granted asylum in Pakistan under protection of United Nations High Commissioner for Refugee (UNHCR). He said the incumbent Turkish government resorted to persecution of employees associated with Pak-Turk Schools system on political grounds.

“I spoke on phone with Kacmaz Mesut’s daughters who confirmed that they have reached Istanbul, but their parents were still in custody while they have been handed over to relatives,” the counsel said.

The daughters, aged 14 and 10, also said that Turkish police manhandled their father during the flight, he said. A government source told PTI that the decision to deport some families having links with Turkey’s President Recep Tayyip Erdogan’s rival Fathullah Gulen had been taken in a recent meeting in Istanbul between Pakistan’s Punjab Chief Minister Shahbaz Sharif and Erdogan.

He said the Chief Minister could not bear the pressure of Erdogan whom he termed as Sharif brothers “fast friend”. After the failed coup in July last year, the Erdogan government had sought the closure of Pak-Turk International Schools and Colleges for being associated with Gulen’s movement ‘Hizmet’.

As many as 32 Pak-Turk schools and colleges were running in Pakistan. After the Turkish government had demanded their closure, an NGO started operating the schools and colleges. Some 115 Turkish nationals were performing at different positions in these educational institutions and more than 11,000 Pakistanis were studying in the school chain. So far 30 Turkish families have been deported from Pakistan and more than 70 are still in the country on the UNHCR asylum certificate.

 

Source: The Indian Express , October 17, 2017


Related News

Why is the government freeing bloody murderers?

The government is continuing to act in panic. In the last couple of months, every single step it has taken has somehow been related to the graft probe, and they all are being taken to suffocate the corruption investigation. The government is freeing Ergenekon suspects willingly and on purpose to create an alliance against the so-called “parallel state,” as they call the movement inspired by Fethullah Gülen.

Kimse Yok Mu launches campaign for Eid al-Adha with amusing banner

The Kimse Yok Mu charity organization, which has been subjected to a smear campaign by the Justice and Development Party (AK Party) government, has launched its relief campaign ahead of the upcoming Eid al-Adha (Feast of Sacrifice) with an amusing banner, in an attempt to circumvent imposed restrictions.

EU anti-terror chief: Gülen network not terrorist organization

The EU doesn’t believe Fethullah Gülen’s network is a terrorist organization and is not “likely to change its position soon,” the bloc’s counter-terrorism coordinator told Reuters in an interview published Thursday.

Victims of forced disappearance in Turkey

On this ‘International day of the victims of enforced disappearances’ (August 30), let’s raise our voices for the missing people of Turkey. In the aftermath of the coup attempt last year, at least thirteen people have been abducted allegedly by elements linked to the Turkish government as part of an intimidation campaign targeting critics and opponents of Turkey’s president.

Erdogan is transforming Turkey into a totalitarian prison

In Turkey under President Recep Tayyip Erdogan, the tweet has been turned into a crime, and a troubled democracy is being turned into a dictatorship. Gradually but inexorably, a nation that once aspired to be an exemplar of enlightened moderation is being transformed by Mr. Erdogan into a dreary totalitarian prison.

Erdoğan admits gov’t capitalized on coup attempt to pursue Gülen movement

Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdoğan said during a speech in New York on Thursday that a failed coup attempt on July 15 presented him with opportunities that are not available in normal times.

Latest News

Sacramento leaders gather for Iftar dinner in celebration of Ramadan

SEO Skill Suite: Tools for Keyword Research, Technical & Backlink Analysis

Turkish inmate jailed over alleged Gülen links dies of heart attack in prison

Message of Condemnation and Condolences for Mass Shooting at Bondi Beach, Sydney

Media executive Hidayet Karaca marks 11th year in prison over alleged links to Gülen movement

ECtHR faults Turkey for convictions of 2,420 applicants over Gülen links in follow-up to 2023 judgment

New Book Exposes Erdoğan’s “Civil Death Project” Targeting the Hizmet Movement

European Human Rights Treaty Faces Legal And Political Tests

ECtHR rejects Turkey’s appeal, clearing path for retrials in Gülen-linked cases

In Case You Missed It

While Erdogan Demonizes a Peaceful Movement, International Community Applauds Them.

Thousands congregate in New York to share iftar joy

Turkish schools in Somalia won 22 medals in 2 years

Fethullah Gülen’s Message on International Day for the Elimination of Violence Against Women

TUSKON to sue dailies over disputed land reports

Fethullah Gulen condemns the coup attempt in Turkey

Zephyrs from the Presence, the latest book by Ahmet Kurucan…

Copyright 2026 Hizmet News