Pak-Turk schools replace Turkish principals with Pakistanis


Date posted: August 10, 2016

Haider Ali Sindhu

ISLAMABAD (Web Desk) – Paving the way for a drastic shuffle in Pak-Turk schools, as many as 28 principles of the schools have been removed from their posts having Turkish nationality. Moreover, Board of Directors have also been dissolved in a latest move.

The decision to reorganize the network of schools run by Gulen supporters came after Erdogan administration pushed Pakistan to take action against the network as Turkey considers Fethullah Gulen behind the botched coup and consequently wants an end to promotion of Gulen ideology.

A source in the federal government told Dawn that the Turkish government had suggested handing over of the chain to an international NGO having links with the Erdogan administration.

A source privy to the developments told that the Turkish nationals holding managerial designations will now serve as teachers in Pak-Turk schools. Reportedly, a new six-member BoD with complete local representation had been formed to run the affairs of the school.

Last week, during an official visit to Islamabad, Turkish Foreign Minister, Mevlut Cavusoglu, stressed the chain of ‘Gulen-run’ schools in Pakistan should be shut down. The latest move is perceived as Pakistan’s reply to the request.

On the other hand, Islamabad-Parents Teacher Association of Pak-Turk School on Tuesday held a press conference to address the concerns of parents over news reports regarding closure and transfer of the schools.

The press conference was headed by Hafiz SA Rehman, one of the parents besides being a senior lawyer of Supreme Court of Pakistan conducting and pleading as counsel the case of Pak-Turk institution in Islamabad High Court.

Hafiz SA Rehman on behalf of all the school management, parents and students said, “Our sympathies and good wishes go in the best interest of Turkey. But we are also extremely disturbed by attempts by certain segments to impute political and even terrorist linkages with the Pak-Turk schools that are capable of stigmatizing and jeopardizing our children as students and us as parents” SA Rehman said according to The Nation.

 

Source: Daily Pakistan , August 10, 2016


Related News

Enes Kanter: “I’m getting death threats almost every day”

Appearing on “CBS This Morning” Monday, Kanter said the trouble began while he was in Indonesia: “I was sleeping around 2:30 or something and my manager knocked on my door. He said the Secret Service and the Indonesian army were looking for me because the Turkish government told them I was a dangerous man.

Washington Post: Biden needs to give Turkey’s Erdogan some tough advice

Mr. Biden ought to candidly tell his host that the US did not instigate the coup and that it will not relinquish Mr. Gulen to a witchhunt. Mr. Erdogan may not want to hear it, but he also should be reminded that crushing the rule of law will dim Turkey’s prospects. Mr. Erdogan may bask in the crowds today, but using the coup as a pretext to purge the media, academia and other spheres of independent voices will not strengthen the nation in the long run.

Pak businessmen asked to attend Istanbul Expo

The Regional Director Pak Turk International Schools and Colleges Ali Yilmaz has called upon the business community of Pakistan to fully take part in two days long World Trade Bridge 2014. The World Trade Bridge 2014 is being organized by TUSKON at Expo Centre Istanbul from June 18, 2014.

Scholars: Hizmet efforts to build schools will not stop

Taipei, Dec. 12 (CNA) Supporters of a civic movement inspired by Fethullah Gulen, one of the most important Muslim figures in Turkey, will not cease their efforts to build schools as long as there is a demand for such service around the world, according to a Turkish scholar dedicated to the movement. The Hizmet movement […]

Turkish Cleric, Accused in Coup Plot, Calls Crackdown ‘Dark Pages’ in History

The Turkish Muslim cleric accused by Turkey of plotting a failed coup two months ago denounced the repression of his supporters, calling the crackdown “dark pages in world history.” The severity of the crackdown in Turkey has raised concerns in the United States and Europe that Mr. Erdogan has used the failed coup as a pretext to eradicate political rivals and groups he deems a threat to his power.

German intel expert says, based on CIA, BND reports, Erdoğan was behind failed coup

German intelligence expert and author Erich Schmidt-Eenboom has said Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdoğan, not the faith-based Gülen movement, was behind a failed coup attempt in Turkey on July 15, 2016 based on intelligence reports from the US Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) and the German Federal Intelligence Service (BND).

Latest News

Sacramento leaders gather for Iftar dinner in celebration of Ramadan

SEO Skill Suite: Tools for Keyword Research, Technical & Backlink Analysis

Turkish inmate jailed over alleged Gülen links dies of heart attack in prison

Message of Condemnation and Condolences for Mass Shooting at Bondi Beach, Sydney

Media executive Hidayet Karaca marks 11th year in prison over alleged links to Gülen movement

ECtHR faults Turkey for convictions of 2,420 applicants over Gülen links in follow-up to 2023 judgment

New Book Exposes Erdoğan’s “Civil Death Project” Targeting the Hizmet Movement

European Human Rights Treaty Faces Legal And Political Tests

ECtHR rejects Turkey’s appeal, clearing path for retrials in Gülen-linked cases

In Case You Missed It

Turkey: ‘Exclusion for all’ state

Eid al-Adha in Rio

Arresting police to make Erdoğan happy

Does Islam Promote Violence?

Turkey-Kurdistan Regional Government ties: How and why did they improve this much?

The Turkey I no longer know

Fethullah Gülen extends condolences over death of Turkish literary giant

Copyright 2026 Hizmet News