Medialog Platform hosts digital media experts from Europe and Asia


Date posted: October 24, 2013

Media representative and academics from some 20 European and Asian countries have come to Istanbul to discuss the status of the digital media in the new era in the conference, “Understanding Communications in the New Media Era.” Participants called for cooperation and dialogue in the process.

During the conference, academics made interesting presentations and exchanged ideas. Tercan Ali Baştürk, the Secretary-General of the Medialog Platform of the Journalists and Writers Foundation (GYV), said: “This conference has evolved into a Eurasian gathering thanks to participation from Europe and Asia. We have brought together many distinguished academics who work on the future of the media.”

Professor Aydemir Okay, the Dean of the Faculty of Communication at Istanbul University, indicated: “This conference was the continuation of the workshop we held last year. The purpose of the conference is to study the change the media go through in the international arena in the digital age and exchange ideas in this regard. We intend to organize similar conferences in future.”

Kazakh TV Deputy General Director Marat Raimkanov, who attended the conference from Kazakhstan, maintained that such conferences would bridge the eastern and western media organizations for cooperation and dialogue. The conference was held in Beyazıt Antik Hotel and attended by participants from some 20 countries including the UK, Kazakhstan, Bulgaria, Ukraine, Portugal, Russia, Greece, Belgium, Hungary, Poland, and Austria.

Source: Journalists and Writers Foundation , October 10, 2013


Related News

Paranoia: Turkish ‘hero’ T-shirts land dozens in jail

Dozens of people are being rounded up all over Turkey for wearing white T-shirts with the word “hero” printed in English across the front. The arrests are being carried out based on the suspicion that the wearers are sympathisers and supporters of Fethullah Gulen.

Erdogan’s Private Youth Army

Initially, the youth branches will be formed in 1,500 mosques. But under the plan, 20,000 mosques will have youth branches by 2021, and finally 45,000 mosques will have them. Observers fear the youth branches may turn into Erdogan’s “mosque militia,” like the Nazi Party’s Hitler Youth organization in Germany.

Fethullah Gulen’s Message regarding Rumors Circulated in Turkish Media about a Second Coup Attempt

Fethullah Gulen: Once again, the Turkish media, under government control or government pressure, is circulating horrific rumors, this time about a supposed second coup attempt in the works, supposedly prepared by my sympathizers with the backing of the United States. Such rumors are unfounded and irresponsible.

U.S. would look weak, and be weak, if they sent Muslim cleric back to Turkey

For two years, Christians have prayed for the release of the Rev. Andrew Brunson, an American held in prison in Turkey. His recent release by a Turkish Court was a source of joy for America. But if it leads to the murder of the most anti-terrorist Muslim cleric who is living in America, as part of some sick “trade, …

Outgoing chairman proudly admits Istanbul Bar Association refused to serve Gülen followers

The Istanbul Bar Association has turned down sympathizers of the Gülen movement who requested lawyers for their hearings in the post-coup trials, the outgoing president Ümit Kocasakal said on Saturday.

Turkish president approves closure of schools run by Erdogan rival

Turkish President Abdullah Gul approved on Wednesday a law closing private preparatory schools, many of which are a source of income and influence for an Islamic cleric accused by Prime Minister Tayyip Erdogan of seeking to topple him.

Latest News

Sacramento leaders gather for Iftar dinner in celebration of Ramadan

SEO Skill Suite: Tools for Keyword Research, Technical & Backlink Analysis

Turkish inmate jailed over alleged Gülen links dies of heart attack in prison

Message of Condemnation and Condolences for Mass Shooting at Bondi Beach, Sydney

Media executive Hidayet Karaca marks 11th year in prison over alleged links to Gülen movement

ECtHR faults Turkey for convictions of 2,420 applicants over Gülen links in follow-up to 2023 judgment

New Book Exposes Erdoğan’s “Civil Death Project” Targeting the Hizmet Movement

European Human Rights Treaty Faces Legal And Political Tests

ECtHR rejects Turkey’s appeal, clearing path for retrials in Gülen-linked cases

In Case You Missed It

Turkey After the July Coup Attempt – Alan Makovsky’s testimony before Committee on Foreign Affairs

Davud Hanci’s wife says Calgary imam detained in Turkey ‘a very peaceful man’

White House praises Rumi Forum

Practicing Muslims and negotiating with the Kurdists

Head of Azerbaijan’s Çağ Education Company denies authenticity of letter to Gülen

A Year After Hurricane Sandy: Climate Change & Disaster Management

Today’s Zaman Editor-in-Chief Bülent Keneş released pending trial

Copyright 2026 Hizmet News