Kimse yok mu reaffirms commitment to assist Somalia

The Sahara Hospital, built by the Turkish Health Ministry in Somalia’s famine-stricken city of Mogadishu, treated nearly 500 patients on its first day of opening. (Photo: Today's Zaman)
The Sahara Hospital, built by the Turkish Health Ministry in Somalia’s famine-stricken city of Mogadishu, treated nearly 500 patients on its first day of opening. (Photo: Today's Zaman)


Date posted: March 6, 2012

6 March 2012 / ABDULLAH BOZKURT, MOGADISHU

Kimse Yok Mu has organized regular trips for Turkish doctors to provide medical care to the poor and needy in Somalia. A group of 30 Turkish doctors goes to Somalia every 20 days and leaves when a new group of doctors arrives.

Kimse Yok Mu is also renovating Banadir Hospital in Mogadishu, the largest in the entire country, after signing a protocol with the Somali government in October. The charity group plans to spend nearly $10 million to repair the hospital, which still bears the signs of a longstanding civil war in every corner of the building. The charity group provided the essential equipment and materials for the hospital. Hospital personnel were sent to Turkey on an internship.

Charity groups, including Kimse Yok Mu, are also involved in building fresh water reservoirs and public wells at two camps in Somalia. They operate three orphanages.

In the London Conference on Somalia, held last month, world leaders pledged to help tackle terrorism and piracy in Somalia but insisted that the East African state must quickly form a stable government and threatened penalties against those who hamper its progress.

Nations including Turkey also pledged new funding, additional training for soldiers and the coast guard, increased cooperation on terrorism and a new drive to root out those who finance and profit from piracy. Somalia has had transitional administrations for the past seven years but has not had a functioning central government since 1991, when warlords overthrew a longtime dictator and turned on each other, plunging the nation into chaos.

Turkey announced that it will host a follow-up summit on Somalia’s future in June to further shore up support for the East African nation.

Source: Today’s Zaman http://www.todayszaman.com/news-273437-turkey-reaffirms-commitment-to-assist-somalia.html. Click this link to read the full article.


Related News

Turkish opposition leader: No witch hunt in democracies

Leader of the Republican People’s Party (CHP) Kemal Kılıçdaroğlu has criticized Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdoğan for his threatening remarks against the Hizmet movement, which the prime minister claims, without providing any evidence, is involved in a plot against the government.

Erdogan Budgets $150m To Displace Hizmet Schools In Africa

The motive behind Maarif Foundation is to use it as a tool to pressurize African countries to transfer ownership of Hizmet movement linked schools to the Maarif Foundation since the request for the closure of these schools were turned down for lacking in merit.

Gülen’s lawyer denies allegation of plot against Erdoğan’s daughter, calls it ’immoral slander’

A lawyer for Islamic scholar Fethullah Gülen categorically denied claims by pro-government newspapers that Gülen ordered the assassination of President Recep Tayyip Erdoğan’s daughter Sümeyye Erdoğan ahead of the June 7 general elections, calling the allegations “immoral slander” that he regrets even having to deny.

Gülen’s letter to Gül

Koru told Gülen to express his feelings in a letter. The scholar wrote this letter on Dec. 22. Koru took the letter to its addressee, the president. He met with the prime minister the same day in Ankara and told him about his impressions from his contact with Gülen. I mean to say, there is not “bargaining” or “mediation.” There is only a “goodwill initiative” here.

The İmralı peace process and defaming the Hizmet movement

İHSAN YILMAZ After the Kurdistan Workers’ Party (PKK) leader Abdullah Öcalan’s comments to the Peace and Democracy Party (BDP) deputies visiting him on İmralı Island were leaked to the press, almost everybody asked who was behind the leak. The main suspicion was that it was leaked by one who did not want the peace negotiations […]

Islamic scholar Gülen offers condolences to Berkin’s family

Dismayed by unconstructive language adopted by government officials over social issues, Turkish Islamic scholar Fethullan Gülen offered his deep condolences to family of Berkin Elvan, the latest victim of Gezi Park protests, in a statement late on Tuesday.

Latest News

Sacramento leaders gather for Iftar dinner in celebration of Ramadan

SEO Skill Suite: Tools for Keyword Research, Technical & Backlink Analysis

Turkish inmate jailed over alleged Gülen links dies of heart attack in prison

Message of Condemnation and Condolences for Mass Shooting at Bondi Beach, Sydney

Media executive Hidayet Karaca marks 11th year in prison over alleged links to Gülen movement

ECtHR faults Turkey for convictions of 2,420 applicants over Gülen links in follow-up to 2023 judgment

New Book Exposes Erdoğan’s “Civil Death Project” Targeting the Hizmet Movement

European Human Rights Treaty Faces Legal And Political Tests

ECtHR rejects Turkey’s appeal, clearing path for retrials in Gülen-linked cases

In Case You Missed It

‘Pool media’ court case against Zaman daily tossed out

Al-Azhar professor: Gülen courageously resists radicalism

Pak-Turk schools’ 17th anniversary

The mosque-cemevi project and the settlement process

Erdogan targets Hizmet inspired schools on Africa visit

One wounded in armed attack on university preparation course

Gülen urges patience over prep schools row

Copyright 2026 Hizmet News