Kimse Yok Mu officials extend helping hand to Syrian refugees


Date posted: December 22, 2012

The Şanlıurfa office of Kimse Yok Mu, a Turkish charity, in cooperation with the Şanlıurfa Governor’s Office, provided food, clothing, blankets and cleaning supplies to 200 Syrian families living in the town of Akçakale on Dec. 21.

More than 120,000 Syrian refugees are taking shelter in camps in southern Turkey and more are expected to arrive as winter sets in and millions of people are estimated to be short of food inside Syria.

The charity’s chairman, Ünal Öztürk, was there for the distribution of the aid. He said: “We found out that our Syrian brothers and sisters who have had to flee from war in their country have barely been managing here. Even if it is only for a short period of time, we are here to show our solidarity with the Syrian people and to provide help to those in need. Most of the families we have visited so far have lost a brother, a husband or a son in Syria. We wish we could help all of them but for now we could only help 200 families.”

Thanking those who donated, Öztürk said, “It was enough for us just to experience their happiness when we distributed toys to these Syrian kids.”

Source: Today’s Zaman 21 December 2012


Related News

Pro-gov’t journalist proposes torturing jailed Gülen followers to force them to talk

Staunchly pro-government Turkish journalist Cem Küçük has complained about Turkish authorities’ not forcing jailed Gülen movement followers to speak about the group’s activities, suggesting that various kinds of torture could be used to make them talk, the Aktif Haber news website reported. Küçük’s controversial remarks came during a recent segment of “Media Critic” on TGRT […]

Kimse Yok Mu lends helping hand to 15,000 Syrians in Suruç

Kimse Yok Mu has sent TL 50 million worth of aid to Syrian Kurds who have fled from the town of Kobane to take refuge in Suruç, a district of Şanlıurfa province. The philanthropic group has distributed 15,000 aid packages to refugees in the week before the upcoming Eid al-Adha holiday. Two truckloads of winter clothing were also sent for the coming cold weather.

Minister says Pak-Turk schools won’t be closed down

Karachi—Sindh Education minister Jam Mehtab Dhahar has assured a Turkish team Tuesday that Pak-Turkish schools will not be closed down in Sindh or anywhere in Pakistan. They gave the assurance to the visiting Turkish team during meeting in Karachi, with the Turkish officials, here on a tour.

Gülen convinces people that Islam is integral part of global order

SEVGİ AKARÇEŞME, ABANT/TURKEY Professor Hans Köchler from Austria, the president of the International Progress Organization (IPO), has said the European Union’s resistance to Turkey’s membership is not due to its identity or its Islamic culture, as some argue, but mainly for economic reasons. The Abant Platform organized by the Journalists and Writers’ Foundation (GYV) hosted […]

Turkish opposition deputy: Women jailed with children are treated like enemies

Tanrıkulu said the judiciary treats these women as if they were enemies in war and called for the release of the jailed women and their small children.

Statement of Senator Patrick Leahy On Assault on Press Freedom in Turkey Senate Floor

Mr. President, I have spoken many times on the Senate floor in defense of press freedom because it is a fundamental cornerstone of a democratic society. Today I want to briefly draw the Senate’s attention to the situation in Turkey, one of the many countries in the world where this basic right is under threat by officials in the government who seek to silence their critics.

Latest News

Sacramento leaders gather for Iftar dinner in celebration of Ramadan

SEO Skill Suite: Tools for Keyword Research, Technical & Backlink Analysis

Turkish inmate jailed over alleged Gülen links dies of heart attack in prison

Message of Condemnation and Condolences for Mass Shooting at Bondi Beach, Sydney

Media executive Hidayet Karaca marks 11th year in prison over alleged links to Gülen movement

ECtHR faults Turkey for convictions of 2,420 applicants over Gülen links in follow-up to 2023 judgment

New Book Exposes Erdoğan’s “Civil Death Project” Targeting the Hizmet Movement

European Human Rights Treaty Faces Legal And Political Tests

ECtHR rejects Turkey’s appeal, clearing path for retrials in Gülen-linked cases

In Case You Missed It

Second Turkish high school for girls opens in Afghanistan

Turkish PM acknowledges phone call to media executive

Kimse Yok Mu opens two orphanages, Quran course in Senegal

Rumi Forum Fellowship Program 2015

Turkey’s post-coup purges shake higher education

Kimse Yok Mu heals wounds in the Philippines

An Interfaith Trip to Turkey: A Lesson in History

Copyright 2026 Hizmet News