Kimse Yok Mu extends help to Afghan quake victims


Date posted: October 30, 2015

International charity organization Kimse Yok Mu (KYM) reached out to people who were affected by a magnitude 7.5 earthquake which shook northern Afghanistan on Sunday.

Volunteers from the KYM along with Afghan-Turk Çağ Educational Institutions (ATCE) delivered aid boxes in value of 70,500 dollars to Afghan Red Crescent. Some more aid boxes in value of 40,000 dollars were delivered by the KYM volunteers to the people in a ceremony. Head of the ATCE Numan Erdoğan stated that they began roll up sleeves upon the call of President Ashraf Gani Ahmedzai at a press conference.

“We may not bind up all of the wounds. We wanted to show that we are with our brothers as Afghan-Turk Schools. We will continue to support them every time,” said Erdoğan.

Meanwhile, death tool in the devastating earthquake has reached to 150 and around 600 people were injured.

Source: CIHAN , October 30, 2015


Related News

Once shut down by Taliban, now Afghan gov’t plans to hand over successful Turkish Schools to Turkish Gov’t

Afghanistan president Ashraf Ghani has agreed to hand over the Afghan-Turk schools, previously run by a pro-Gulen institution, to the Turkish Education Foundation which is a governmental institution. This step has, however, not been welcomed by the affected schools. Officials of the schools have warned that the move would lead to closing the schools and damage the quality of education.

Kimse Yok Mu’s permanent assistance continues in the Philippines

Kimse Yok Mu Foundation has been carrying on its relief efforts for the locals ever since the Haiyan typhoon hit the city of Tacloban last November. The foundation renovated a school building left in rubble after the disaster and supplied drinking water by establishing 10 water wells across the region.

Hunger…

At the fast-breaking dinner, a message by Fethullah Gülen was read to the audience. He, in his message, referred to the famines in Somalia and other parts of the African continent, adding that the Ramadan mood was not so joyous this year because of the ongoing tragedy there.

‘Turkish schools in Nigeria are not owned by government of Turkey’

Cemal Yigit is a member of Hizmet Movement, founder of the Nigerian Turkish International Colleges (NTIC). In this interview, he reacts to the recent declaration by the Turkish President that he would push for the close down all Turkish schools outside Turkey.

Turkish schools in Afghanistan won 147 medals this year

Afghan-Turkish schools are source of pride for the country as they won 147 medals this year at international Science olympiads. They won 75 medals last year. The Education Minister made a speech underlining that Turkey had always helped his country in education. He said, “Today, this ceremony’s purpose is to celebrate the efforts the students show and the high quality education these schools provide.”

Hizmet movement and Kurdish question in Turkey

Through educational projects, the Hizmet movement helped to alter the social fabric of Turkish people who consciously or otherwise supported the institutional resistance of state and governmental bodies. Through dialogue and face-to-face encounters, Turkish people have had the chance to experience and feel the grievances of their Kurdish brothers and sisters and listen to their stories.

Latest News

Sacramento leaders gather for Iftar dinner in celebration of Ramadan

SEO Skill Suite: Tools for Keyword Research, Technical & Backlink Analysis

Turkish inmate jailed over alleged Gülen links dies of heart attack in prison

Message of Condemnation and Condolences for Mass Shooting at Bondi Beach, Sydney

Media executive Hidayet Karaca marks 11th year in prison over alleged links to Gülen movement

ECtHR faults Turkey for convictions of 2,420 applicants over Gülen links in follow-up to 2023 judgment

New Book Exposes Erdoğan’s “Civil Death Project” Targeting the Hizmet Movement

European Human Rights Treaty Faces Legal And Political Tests

ECtHR rejects Turkey’s appeal, clearing path for retrials in Gülen-linked cases

In Case You Missed It

Turkish charity delivers sacrificial meat to 30,000 families in Philippines

‘If I had the power, I would let Turks take charge of our schools’

Pakistan Today Editorial: The Turkish connection and Turkish schools

Gülen withdraws libel complaint after housewife apologizes

Prep school owners write to Constitutional Court

London-Based Turkish Academic To Run 10,000 Meters To Raise Fund For Purge Victims In Turkey

Turks, Rio de Janeiro gov’t sign agreement to further education efforts in Brazil

Copyright 2026 Hizmet News