Child of purged victim in Turkey says: I was 14 months old when my dad jailed

“I was 14 months old when my father was gone. He has been unfairly behind bars. I WANT TO GROW UP WITH MY FATHER!!!”
“I was 14 months old when my father was gone. He has been unfairly behind bars. I WANT TO GROW UP WITH MY FATHER!!!”


Date posted: January 27, 2017

The child of a man who was arrested as part of a Turkish government crackdown on dissent following a failed coup last July said in a message on a piece of paper that “I was 14 months old when my father left.”

In pictures shared by a Twitter account under the pseudonym of @magdurmesajlari, children of victims of the government crackdown in Turkey are holding messages describing their longing for their fathers.

“I was 14 months old when my father was taken. He has been unfairly behind bars. I WANT TO GROW UP WITH MY FATHER!!!” a boy’s message read.

While the details about the charges leveled against his father are yet to be known, the boy is likely to be among thousands of other children whose parents have been arrested on trumped-up accusations.

The child is not first to come up with such a powerful message as other children also posed with similar texts.

If I was given a chance, I would explain to world that he is not guilty. I miss my dad so much…

If I was given a chance, I would explain to world that he is not guilty. I miss my dad so much…

Dear dad. I love you so much. Seasons passed without you. I am counting days to meet you on Monday. Please give my dad back. I missed him so much. He is innocent.

Dear dad. I love you so much. Seasons passed without you. I am counting days to meet you on Monday. Please give my dad back. I missed him so much. He is innocent.

My father wouldn’t hurt a fly. I miss him so much. Enough is enough, give us my father. It’s been 6 months. Please may he come back.

My father wouldn’t hurt a fly. I miss him so much. Enough is enough, give us my father. It’s been 6 months. Please may he come back.

Source: Turkish Minute , January 27, 2017


Related News

Rebecca Harms: Working in Gülen-linked educational institutions not a crime

Speaking during the general assembly of the European Parliament (EP) on Thursday, Harms said working in institutions such as schools or universities with links to the Gülen movement is not a crime and that, similarly, being critical of the government and being a critical journalist are not crimes.

Interview: U.S. Judge Says Turkey’s Judiciary ‘Taken Over’ By Erdogan

Even before the coup attempt in July, the judiciary was being essentially taken over by [then] PM Tayyip Erdogan. When the attempted coup occurred in July, within 24 hours there were arrest warrants for almost 3,000 judges. And it’s very clear, and in fact it’s been admitted by the deputy chair of the High Council [of Judges and Prosecutors, the body that selects and assigns judges], that that list of judges had existed for years.

For first time, Fethullah Gülen curses purge of police officials in emotional speech

Fethullah Gülen has cursed those responsible for a purge of police officials involved in a corruption investigation. Turkish PM Tayyip Erdoğan has called the detention of scores of people seen as close to the government a “dirty operation” aimed at undermining his rule. Erdoğan has refrained from naming Gülen as the hand behind the investigation and he referred to an “illegal gang within the state” and systematically purged officials, including journalists in public broadcasters.

Unmasking Turkey’s most wanted man

Gülen had been charged after the military coups in 1971 and 1980, and again in the late 1990s. Gülen was acquitted of the charges three times.

That is Why the Turkish Government could Pay 1 Billion Euros

It seems that the bias of the Supreme Constitutional Court, the highest judicial body in Turkey, may force the Turkish government to pay a large sum of money, according to a prominent computer expert, who monitors erroneous decisions of the Constitutional Court on Internet applications used by Turkish citizens.

CSOs slam smear campaign against Hizmet, call on PM to stop hate speech

A large-scale dark propaganda campaign has been conducted by some circles close to the Justice and Development Party (AK Party) government against the Hizmet movement and Gülen, particularly since a corruption scandal erupted in December of 2013 in which three Cabinet ministers’ sons, many state bureaucrats and also well-known businessmen were implicated.

Latest News

Sacramento leaders gather for Iftar dinner in celebration of Ramadan

SEO Skill Suite: Tools for Keyword Research, Technical & Backlink Analysis

Turkish inmate jailed over alleged Gülen links dies of heart attack in prison

Message of Condemnation and Condolences for Mass Shooting at Bondi Beach, Sydney

Media executive Hidayet Karaca marks 11th year in prison over alleged links to Gülen movement

ECtHR faults Turkey for convictions of 2,420 applicants over Gülen links in follow-up to 2023 judgment

New Book Exposes Erdoğan’s “Civil Death Project” Targeting the Hizmet Movement

European Human Rights Treaty Faces Legal And Political Tests

ECtHR rejects Turkey’s appeal, clearing path for retrials in Gülen-linked cases

In Case You Missed It

Pregnant woman jailed over Gülen links sent back to prison after losing baby

Kimse Yok Mu holds iftar dinner for Thai Muslims

Hopefully the Gulen movement will help change the American values

This man stood up to Trump. In Turkey he was branded a terrorist

Albanian lawmakers reject Erdoğan’s call to close Turkish schools

Moved by Syrian refugees’ woes, U.S. mayors initiate blanket drive

Would Gülen want to return to Turkey?

Copyright 2026 Hizmet News